The upcoming #10260 LEGO Creator Expert Downtown Diner, the latest in the LEGO Modular Buildings series has been officially announced today. Below are all the details of this very unique-looking set. Enjoy! 🙂
Discover a place where music is on the menu! Drop in at the #10260 LEGO Creator Expert Downtown Diner, where you’ll discover a healthy portion of fun and surprises. This impressive model features removable building sections for easy access to the detailed interior, which comprises a ground-level 1950s-style diner with a large curved front window, red bar stools, jukebox, counter and an open-plan kitchen. The mid level has a gym with boxing ring, punching bag and weight training room, while on the upper-level you’ll find a recording studio, complete with vocal booth, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet. The facade of the building features pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling with a large ‘DINER’ sign. Other external features include arched windows, balconies and a staircase, plus a pink convertible car and a detailed sidewalk, complete with mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and a streetlamp. This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 6 minifigures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: a chef, waitress, boxer, rock star, manager and a bodybuilder.
- The 3-level Downtown Diner comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed facade with pink-and-teal Streamline Moderne styling and a large ‘DINER’ sign, external staircase, arched windows, drainpipe, balconies, decorative roofline, opening skylight and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk with a mailbox, parking meter, flowerpots and an ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a pink 1950s-style convertible.
- Ground level features 1950s downtown American diner styling with a large curved front window, red barstools, benches, jukebox, candy machine, counter, 2 soda dispensers, and a kitchen with a coffee machine, stove and a cooker hood.
- Mid-level features a gym with a boxing ring, punching bag, weight training room, water dispenser and a wall clock.
- Upper level features a recording studio complete with vocal booth, soundproofed walls, mixing desk and a refreshments cabinet.
- Take a ride in the stylish convertible and head for a diner where fast food and music are on the menu.
- Help the chef prepare the fastest food in town while the roller-skating waitress lines up the orders.
- Drop in at the gym for a couple of rounds in the boxing ring or a good workout on the punching bag.
- Open the skylight and eavesdrop on the making of a hit album.
- Accessory elements include roller skates, guitar, golden record award and a buildable barbell.
- Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
- New decorated elements include a decorated door, album cover, lots of teal-colored and pink-colored elements, and a dual-face minifigure with singing and smiling expressions.
- Special elements include new flower stalks and flower heads, plus 1×3 ‘jumper’ plates, 2×2 plate with 2 studs and a minifigure torso with boxing gloves.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Building series #10243 LEGO Creator Parisian Restaurant, #10246 LEGO Creator Detective’s Office, #10251 LEGO Creator Brick Bank, and #10255 LEGO Creator Assembly Square.
- Measures over 13” (34cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
- Recommended for Ages 16+.
- 2,480 pieces.
What immediately catches the eye about this set is the very unique architecture. LEGO refers to it as Streamline Moderne, but most people probably would just call it Art Deco style. In fact, according to Wikipedia, Streamline Moderne (or Art Moderne) is a late type of Art Deco architecture and design that emerged in the 1930s. Its architectural style emphasized curving forms, long horizontal lines, and sometimes nautical elements (see: Wikipedia). Buildings like this are quite common in at Miami Beach, Florida, and the LEGO Downtown Diner even has the typical Florida teal and pink color-scheme. The style has many other examples from around the world.
Speaking of teal, you may notice that LEGO is bringing back this long-retired color, mostly remembered from the LEGO Rock Raiders line of the late 1990s. The color is going to appear in other 2018 sets as well. I know many older LEGO fans are going to be very happy to see this.
The #10260 LEGO Creator Expert Downtown Diner will be available on January 1st, with no early access to LEGO VIP members. Prices are as follows: US $169.99 – CA $219.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – DK 1399.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country). See the LEGO Creator section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the #10260 LEGO Creator Expert Downtown Diner? Are you planning to add it to your LEGO collection? Do you have the other LEGO Modular Buildings? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: