A couple of days ago, LEGO released the following teaser image of the upcoming #21313 LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle set, so we knew that the full reveal was going to be soon. And here we go; today LEGO officially announced the #21313 LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle. Details below. 🙂
Create a timeless classic with LEGO bricks! Show you are a true craftsman when you create a Ship in a Bottle with LEGO bricks! Build this beautiful ship named ‘Leviathan’, including the captain’s quarters, masts, crow’s nest, sails, flag and 6 cannons. Place it inside the brick-built bottle, featuring a buildable cork and wax seal. Then showcase your nostalgic, nautical creation on the display stand, complete with the ship’s nameplate and a compass with a spinning needle.
- Features a LEGO brick-built bottle, ship and a display stand.
- Bottle features a detailed, buildable cork with new wax-seal-style element and over 280 translucent-blue, water-style elements inside.
- Ship features a raised deck at the stern, captain’s quarters, 6 cannons, 3 masts, a crow’s nest and assorted elements including printed sails and the ship’s flag.
- Display stand features the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with detailed compass rose and spinning gold-colored needle, 2 globe elements and gold-colored detailing.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers.
- Bottle on stand measures over 3″ (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- Ship measures over 3″ (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Recommended for ages 10+.
- Contains 962 pieces.
The #21313 LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle will be available directly from LEGO on February 1st. There will be no LEGO VIP member early access. Prices are as follows: US $69.99 – CA $89.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 599.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country.) Visit the LEGO Ideas section of the Online LEGO Shop.
My initial reaction to the set is that I really like the bottle, but not so much the ship. I’m not saying it doesn’t look nice, but it is very much juniorized compared to the original LEGO Ideas submission by LEGO fan Jacob Sadovich. Jacob’s ship was a truly beautiful miniature sailing ship, as you can see on the picture below. The final version of the ship is smaller and simpler, with very short masts. It just doesn’t have the elegance of the original. You can see more pictures of the project at the LEGO Ideas submission page, and read more about the project and its creator in this interview at the LEGO Ideas blog. But I do like what LEGO designers did with the bottle. The cap section and the seal are particularly nice, as is the beautifully designed stand with printed pieces. I can’t wait to build it!
What do you think? How do you like the #21313 LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle? Are you planning to add it to your collection? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: