To mark the 20th anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom actor Matthew Lewis has come along to recreate and share his favorite magical moments from the iconic Harry Potter movies.
For over twenty years, fans of all ages have explored the wonderment of the Wizarding World and recreated magical adventures with LEGO Harry Potter. In the video below, the LEGO Group challenged Matthew Lewis a.k.a. the fan-favorite and lovable Neville Longbottom, to think back to his time on the films and recreate his 20 favorite scenes from the Harry Potter movies using magical LEGO Harry Potter sets from the past two decades.
In the video, Lewis, who played Neville Longbottom in the series of movies from 2001-2011, journeys through scenes from all eight films. He recalls a trip on Hogwarts Express, relives an afternoon in Hogsmeade, and revisits the legendary Chamber of Secrets, with his trip down memory lane including the beloved characters, details, and models from the last 20 years of LEGO Harry Potter universe.
Reunited with his clumsy character Neville Longbottom, Lewis takes fans through his vivid memories from the making of the films, shares humorous anecdotes, and opens up about his favorite scenes and LEGO Harry Potter sets. Below are some fun facts:
- The first LEGO Harry Potter sets launched in 2001 to coincide with the release of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- The first-ever LEGO minifigure with a double-sided head was the Professor Quirrell minifigure from 2001 which has Voldemort’s face printed on the other side of his head.
- Over 80 different Harry Potter characters have been recreated as LEGO minifigures.
- The Harry Potter minifigure appears most frequently across the 20 years, with over 50 different LEGO minifigure versions of Harry Potter being designed in total.
- Neville Longbottom appeared as a minifigure for the first time in 2004 and has since been produced in several different versions.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle is the LEGO Harry Potter set with the most elements at 6,020 pieces.
Also, this is just a reminder that LEGO is currently offering the #40452 LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Gryffindor Dorms free with LEGO Harry purchases of $199 or more. This 148-piece set comes with Harry and Ron in the Gryffindor dorm with 2 beds and magical accessories. Also included are 4 random wizard card tiles and a 16-card display plate for a growing collection. This promotion will run until November 11th, so if you have some Harry Potter sets on your wanted list, this would be a good time to get them. You can check out the full selection at the LEGO Harry Potter section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? Which one is your favorite LEGO Harry Potter set? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: