BUYING NEW LEGO:
If you are looking for brand new LEGO sets, you can buy LEGO off the shelves of several department stores. Here is a list of some well-known stores with LEGO as a regular staple item:
- Toys’R'Us: has the largest selection of LEGO, but their prices tend to be higher then anyone else. Look for their fairly regular sales!
- Target: large selection and better prices!
- Wal-Mart: pretty good selection and better prices!
- K-Mart: small selection, but you may find close-out deals at great prices.
- LEGO-brand stores: don’t forget about LEGO’s own stores! That is; if you are lucky enough to have one in your own town. They are worth a visit! You can find a list of LEGO stores here: LEGO Store Locator
- You may also want to check out smaller, local toy stores, or even other stores with a toy-selection. For example some bookstores like Barnes & Noble are known to carry LEGO.
- Also, if you are a member of a discount warehouse-store like Sam’s Club, check out their seasonal shelves before major holidays.
BUYING USED LEGO:
If you are considering buying used LEGO to start building your stock, you may try your luck at garage-sales and second-hand stores. I only recommend this around neighborhoods where there is a LEGO store nearby, and families tend to buy LEGO for their children. Otherwise you may end up searching for a long time before finding anything.
You may also want to check out these posts for further ideas:
Good luck hunting!