I have been asked to provide a close-up and better view of the 2012 LEGO Star Wars poster, so here it is! Please note that this poster is only available by ordering any of the 2012 LEGO Star Wars sets. The offer officially ended a couple of days ago, but it was in fact still available this morning when I wrote this. So, if you want it, this is your last chance! 🙂
Going back to the LEGO Star Wars poster; it is quite large at 24 x 32 inches, and double sided. On the front side (well, I call it the front, but it could be called the back too), you see Luke Skywalker’s awesomeand the in action. (Click on image, then click the + sign for full-size view).
On the back-side there is a really nice 2012 LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Gallery. (Click on image, then click the + sign for full-size view.)
The minifigs included in the LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Gallery (moving from left to right and top to bottom) are:
- C-3PO – from – with the more detailed and movie-accurate torso-print!
- Princess Leia – from – with a really pretty new torso-print.
- Commander Gree – from – leader of the clone-trooper unit; Green Company!
- Luke Skywalker – from – a classic figure with a new helmet-print!
- R5-F7 – from – astromech droid with a new, more movie-accurate dome!
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – from – dual-side head head, same Jedi-rope as before.
- ARC (Advanced Recon Commando) Trooper – from – one of the nicest minifigs LEGO ever created! The printing is just gorgeous!
- R2-D2 – from – nothing new, just our favorite little droid!
- Bariss Offee – from – a Mirialan Jedi, Padawan apprentice to Jedi Master Luminara Unduli.
- Jek Porkins – from – A brave Rebel Pilot under the code-name of Red Six in the Battle of Yavin.
- Endor Rebel Trooper 1 – from – great to build your rebel army!
- Gold Leader – from – aka. Dutch Vander, a brave Rebel Pilot.
- Endor Rebel Trooper 2 – from – another great minifig to build your rebel troops or even contemporary army!
- ARF (Advanced Recon Fighter) Trooper – from – the helmet on this minifigure is really nice, same as the ARF Trooper helmet from last year’s , but with different print.
- R5-D8 – from – an awesome little astromech droid with a new and more movie-accurate dome!
- Anakin Skywalker – from – dual-sided head, both ugly as the Dark Side. 👿
- Nute Gunray – from – his dark-orange & dark-red rope and headgear are quite nice and could be useful in other settings.
- Security Battle Droid – from – same old droid as before.
- Commando Droid – from – nicely designed and printed head!
- Geonosian Warrior – from – these guys have some of the nicest torso-prints and those wings are great!
- Geonosian Zombie – from – love those zombie eyes!
- Sandtrooper 1 – from – the new dirt-print is excellent!
- Sandtrooper 2 – from – the dirt-printing is the same as on the first trooper. Also, both of them come with printed heads.
- Scout Trooper – from – same as in previous years, but now with printed head (same as the Sandtrooper’s).
- Stormtrooper – from – now torso-print, and printed head (same as the Sandtrooper’s and Scout Trooper’s).
- Imperial Officer – from – nothing special, I believe all parts are the old design.
- TIE Fighter Pilot – from – I never liked this helmet, I think it is too big. But the printing is nice.
- Death Star Trooper – from – interesting new helmet and dual-sided head.
- R5-J2 – from – an Imperial astromech droid stationed on the second Death Star (with the new, more movie-accurate dome).
So, that’s the whole line-up of these awesome minifigs! I believe that the front side of this poster would work great as a backdrop for a LEGO Star Wars display, and the back is an excellent reference to the 2012 LEGO Star Wars minifigs and which sets they come in. I wish it would be possible to get two to see both sides at the same time! Unfortunately only one is allowed per order, but it should be possible to get a second one on BrickLink or eBay, but probably not for free.
Oh, and I should also mention; today is the last day to get double VIP points on these earlier release LEGO Star Wars sets!
To read more about the 2012 LEGO Star Wars selection, check here: