(Written by Geneva – gid617)
Since cards make up a sizable portion of the Ninjago spinner sets, it’s nice to know what cards come with each character before you buy them. In case you’re new to the Ninjago Spinjitzu cards, Crown cards are cards that are in play as long as you have your spinner-crown. Golden cards can only be played if your character has a golden weapon. Scroll and Metallic cards simply have different backgrounds. Also note that SP means Spinjitzu Power and refers to the bars on the card – you must have as much or more SP on your character-card as on a battle-card to be able to play it.
After checking multiple reviews and blurry images on the new Ninjago spinners I was finally able to decipher the new Ninjago cards as follows. (Images from eBay seller ezAuctionDropOff.com. See their listings here.)
➡ Zane’s Cards – from #9554 LEGO NINJAGO Zane ZX set:
- Crown of Ice – Build or remove a crown on any spinner. (400 Ice SP)
- Black Ice Shield – Add all of the pieces included in booster-pack. (400 Ice SP)
- Stroke of Genius – Add SP 500 to any two of your powers until a player wins. Immediately play another card. (300 Ice SP)
- Counterattack – Cancel opponent’s card. (800 All SP)
➡ Mezmo’s Cards – from #9555 LEGO NINJAGO Mezmo set:
- Snake Whips – Add all of the pieces included in booster-pack. (400 Earth SP)
- Sacred Flute – Opponent cannot play cards or use face-up Crown-cards until a player wins. (400 All SP)
- Inner Peace – Add SP 300 to all four of your powers until a player wins. Immediately play another card. (300 Lightning SP)
- Upper Hand – Choose one of the opponent’s face-up cards and use it. (300 Ice SP, Golden)
➡ NRG Cole’s Cards – from #9572 LEGO NINJAGO NRG Cole set:
- Provoke Anger – Opponent can only play fire-cards during spin. (400 Fire SP, Golden)
- Snake Quake – Reduce opponent’s Earth-power by SP 100. (500 Earth SP, Crown)
- Sensei’s Teatime – This spin is a tie. Both players spin again. (300 Earth SP)
- Master Archer – Set up two cards. Each player spins twice. Knock more down to reclaim weapon. (400 Earth SP)
➡ NRG Jay’s Cards – from #9570 LEGO NINJAGO NRG Jay set:
- Chain Lightning – Lay down four cards. Touch more to retrieve weapon. (200 Lightning SP, Scroll)
- Sizzling Sphere – Opponent plays with all cards – including those in their hand – face-up. (400 Lightning SP, Crown)
- Swap You – Swap your spinner with opponent until a player wins. (200 Lightning SP)
- Dual Burst – Add 200 SP to any two of your powers until a player wins. (0 Fire SP, Golden)
➡ NRG Kai’s Cards – from #9591 LEGO NINJAGO Weapon Pack:
- Rings of Fire – Cards in figure eight. Spin longest for weapon. (200 Fire SP, Scroll)
- Spitfire Snake – Throw Fire Cards from discard-pile during spin. (500 Fire SP, Crown)
- Strike Down – Win if both characters fall. (300 Lightning SP, Golden)
- Sensei’s Whistle – This spin was a tie. Spin again. (400 Lightning SP)
➡ Chokun’s Cards – from #9591 LEGO NINJAGO Weapon Pack:
- Lava Puddle – Lay down card. Opponent loses a face up Crown-card if spinner touches card. (300 Fire SP, Metallic)
- Gateway Guardian – Prop up two cards with LEGO bricks, spin from opposite sides at same time. First one successfully through the cards reclaims weapon. (200 Ice SP, Scroll)
- Circular Saw – Opponent looses a card every time you win. (400 Earth SP, Crown)
- Elemental Strength – Add SP 100 to all four of your powers until a player wins. Immediately play another card. (300 Ice SP)
➡ Spitta’s Cards – from #9569 LEGO NINJAGO Spitta set:
- Use Surroundings – Throw card before spin. Opponent looses if spinner touches it. (1200 All SP, Crown)
- Panic Stations – Opponent cannot use face-up Crown cards. (400 Lightning SP, Crown)
- Electronic Maelstrom – Lay down card. Opponent looses if spinner touches it, then remove. (400 Lightning SP, Metallic)
- Assist – Add SP 400 to any two of you powers until a player wins. Immediately play another card. (300 Fire SP)
➡ Fangdam’s Cards – from #9571 LEGO NINJAGO Fangdam set:
- Fire Fields – Reduce opponent’s Ice-power by SP 100. (400 Fire SP, Crown)
- Crushing Bolt – Stand up card. Opponent loses if spinner knocks it down, then remove. (300 Lightning SP, Metallic)
- Unsteady – Opponent’s character must stand on one leg until a player wins. (100 Ice SP, Golden)
- Crown of Fire – Build or remove a crown on any spinner. (400 Fire SP, Golden)
There are many interesting Ninjago Spinjitzu spinner cards here, especially Dual Burst, with only 0 SP! It does make sense, though, because Chill Charge (included in Kendo Zane) has 200 SP and does the same thing (add 300 SP to any two powers), but it isn’t golden. Whenever there are repeats of the same card Golden and not Golden, the difference is always 200 SP. At any rate, it’s a card that any character can play!
Another remarkably good card is Use Surroundings – it’s basically an untouchable throwing-star. And of course, since you’re throwing it during the spin, it’s almost impossible (unless you have very bad aim!) for your opponent not to touch it. Not only that, but it is a Crown-card! In other words, it lasts until your opponent takes your spinner-crown off – and if it takes your opponent three spins, he may never have the chance! 8)
It’s also interesting that Golden Spinjitzu cards now seem to be distributed fairly haphazardly, unlike in the 2011 releases – now many Ninjago characters have none, and Fangdam has two! Plus, I find that Ninjago booster-packs and snake-spinners have a tendency to come with better cards than the rest of the ninja – unfortunately! 😕
You may want to check out LEGO Ninjago Spinners – New Pictures, where I included a list with most of the new Ninjago character’s SP. Since then, I have been able to figure out Fangdam’s SP: 500 Fire, 300 Lightning, 200 Earth, 100 Ice. I also saw the SP of the battle-cards included in Lizaru and Bytar’s booster-packs; Lizaru has one card with 400 Lightning, one with 1200 All, one with 300 Fire, and one with 100 Fire. Bytar’s are 500 Earth, 400 Earth, 400 Earth, and 300 Fire. I’m still not sure on Slithraa’s though.
So, which is your favorite Ninjago spinner-card? Are you planning on getting some of the new spinners or do you already have them? Which of the new characters is your favorite? Also, you might want to head over to the LEGO Ninjago section for more Ninjago news, or see my previous posts here:
First to commen! Cant wait for slithraa 😀
oops forgot the “t” ↑
forgot the T? More like youput toooooooooo many os 😉
OK,I don’t knwo why this is up here; but I was talking about your comment that said
me tooo! I like mini snakes 🙂
First to comment! Cant wait for slithraa 😀
I can’t wait for NRG Zane! 😉
I know! I cant wait for all of them! Im planning to buy them all
I’m planning to get all except the snakes – I would get the snakes except my mom hates them 🙁
why does your mom hate them? Does she think they look creepy 😆
yes! Unfortuantly! 😉
Mom’s usually don’t like snakes! 😆
my mom hates snakes to she did not like ninjago my dad hates ninjago .i love ninjago more than my brother and sisters .snakes are bad ass i kill snakes lol.hhhhhh
I love slithraa`s golden weapon!
It is nice; although I like the transparent snake better.
me tooo! I like mini snakes 🙂
How many do you have? I have two (one golden and one transparent orange – at least I bought it although it hasn’t arrived yet!)
That’s actuallly all the snakes I have except Chokun! Not a very big army! 😉
i have 4. Two golden, one green, and one transperent purpel!
transparent purple? Where did you get that?
I cant find it. I have all except gold and red. I COULD have got gold. I’m kicking myself for it same way I was for not buying Lasha when I wanted that golden axe so much. But if it weren’t for avoiding Lasha, I still wouldn’t have Venomari staff. Also, I don’t know if I should get fangdams spinner just for the weapons and spinner. Suggestions? Please?! 🙁
I got the mini snake with spitta. Lexi, fangdam comes with good weapons[ golden weapon, mini snake, morning star], and his spinners is cool. It your choice so i would look into the spinner you like most. 😉
At least I am getting Spitta! The purple snake is awesome. And thanks for the tip, but I just realised I already have the white snake and my goal is to have all spinners and a booster pack each (excluding fangpyre) so I really only need snappa. But thanks ALOT 😀
You have all the spinners! ❗
I dont have all because im saving my $ for the ultra sonic raider![which ive been waiting for 2 months since i have enough$]
Sensei Zane didn’t say that he had all the spinners. He just said that was his goal.
oops i ment zane ↑ 😳
Its ok. And I almost have them all
i have five miny snakes 😀
They look awesome, can’t wait for nrg Zane and Slithraa. With those + kendo zane, ill have all ice spinner guys! Yaay!
NRG Cole rock Bought him yesterday Though it kinda looks like Kai 😕
Oops frogot the s after rock ^ 😆
my fav card is the one with pythor in it! i no this is a silly question becuase it seems obvious but which snake staff is slithera holding?
what the ninja star card? i have it
Purple ninja was probably talking about Swap You.
how many people on here homeschool? i do!
i am purple ninja
Im not! Also i like pythor so understand how you like the card with him 😀
I am too. 😉
you to cooler asesome man
zane zx you are homeschooled dude?i am
i am homeschooll to purple ninja ninja of anacondrai . nice to meet you.sorry if i miss spelled words i am 13 years old.you are homeschooled right dude?
i want all of them!!!!!!!!
when i get nrg cole since he comes with sensei’s teatime i will have sensei’s teatime, sensei’s red card and sensei’s whistle
I’ll have sensei’s teatime and sensei’s whistle , but not sensei’s red card 🙁
i have the weapon pack with nag kai
Yup I love Ninjago cards
I ALMOST HAVE ENOUGH TO BUY THE ULTRA SONIC RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
I have enough. What about tax?
the where-abouts! .3.
Right now I should have $112, but my mom forgets to give me my allowance (LOL 😀 ), so I have around $44. 🙁
Yeah tax sucks. I am a ninjago collector. I have enough money for all Summer sets!!! I will have every character and every set except the snake mech!!!Eventually I will gather all Ninjago sets, but then comes season 3 so I will be busy for sure!! :$
Wow! Thats a lot of $! I’m hoping to get all the ninja spinners. I’m missing Zane DX, Cole ZX, and Jay DX (who never had a character card 🙁 ). I’m also missing Kando Jay’s booster pack, Sensei Wu DX spinner, and Sensei Wu normal’s character card. Not too bad! 😉 😉
im just trying to get all the charactes! XD
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GET NRG JAY AND NRG COLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can’t wait either! 😉 Especially for Jay.
your crairicter is jay cool my craircter is fire kai.kai is asesome
It seems that the Circular Saw card should actually say:
Circular Saw – Opponent looses a card every spin. (400 Earth SP, Crown)
If anybody has that card, could they please confirm? 🙂
Let me know if you need me to change anything in the post. 😉
I just got the set 😉 😉 and the card is actually Opponent looses a card every time you win. So please go ahead an change that! 😉
All right, I just changed it. Did I do it right? 🙂
Yes! Thanks, Admin!
You’re welcome. 😉
i have that card
NRG JAY, i see your name has changed. funny 😆
Anyone have any suggestions for what I should collect
Zane, well, what do you like the most? (Besides dragons, of course.) 😉
Maybe your favorite ninja? (Zane?!) It depens on what you like most, of course! 😉
Zane it is then. Thank-you guys. Colecting ain’t gonna be easy. Good observation on my favorite ninja by the way 😉
He He. . . glad to help out! 😉
Besides Dragons, thats already first priority!!!
Not that many people. Yaaaaaaa i also like zane!
Not that may people? I lilke Zane, but Kai is my favorite!
me to kai is my fav
IM A PROUD OWNER OF AN ULTRA SONIC RAIDER!!!!! XD
Seriously?! Yes, you can definitely be proud! Have lots of fun! 😀
Cool! im gonna get one later this year! 😉
Hi, someone stole my name, purple ninja, so i had to change it. again.
… CANT WAIT FOR NRG COLE! (I live in ireland, so i cant get it yet…)
sorry, testing my new gravatar
you like to say ha allot dude
I think you meant ho liked to say Hi – and why is your name Kia -shouldn’t it be Kai
I got the new lego set:ZANE ZX!!!
lol i already have so many zanes idk what to do with them all!
Admin, now that you can see all the cards on ninjago.com, I realized I made several mistakes:
Duel burst (which comes with NRG Jay) only adds 200, not 300 SP to any two of your powers:
Inner Peace adds 300 SP to all four of your powers;
Use Surroundings must be thrown before spin;
Upper Hand: choose one of your opponents face-upi cards (not one from their hand);
Fire Fields: reduces your opponent’s Ice power by 100 SP.
May you please fix that?
Okay, I just updated them as you requested. Please check to make sure I did it right. 😉
Thanks, that’s right! 😉
what! focus! now see the lego shop
UPDATE: The NINJAGO Season 3 trailer is now uploaded! Watch and discuss here: NINJAGO Season 3 Trailer Enjoy! 😛