(Written by Nathan K. – ntk743)
After releasing the first wave of LEGO Lord of the Rings sets, LEGO will also add the highly anticipated LEGO Lord of the Rings video-game, scheduled to be released this fall.
Based on The Lord of the Rings motion picture trilogy, the LEGO Lord of the Rings video-game follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, taking players through the epic story events reimagined with the humor and endless variety of LEGO play. Here is the trailer for the game:
Trusted with the dangerous task to destroy an ancient magical ring that threatens all that is good, Frodo is forced to leave his peaceful home. But the ring wants to be found and the road to Mount Doom - the only place where it can be destroyed – will be perilous and riddled with Orcs and fouler things.
To help Frodo, a Fellowship is formed; Aragorn the Ranger, Gandalf the Wizard, Legolas the Elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Boromir a Man of Gondor, and Frodo’s Hobbit friends Sam, Merry, and Pippin. Players relive the legend through the LEGO minifigures, as they explore wonders, solve timeless riddles, and overcome endless foes in their quest to destroy the Ring.
Kids, tweens, teens and parents can traverse the Misty Mountains, explore the Mines of Moria, knock on the Black Gate of Mordor, and partake in epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog and other fearsome foes while harnessing the humor and imagination of LEGO gameplay to solve puzzles and explore Middle-earth. Players will take on the form of their favorite members of the fellowship as they relive the most momentous events from the films.
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-Earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-Stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.
This is the second video game from LEGO with an open-world environment, and also the second LEGO game with talking minifigures; in this case with voice and words directly taken from the Lord of the Rings movies! Here is an interview with Nick Ricks, executive producer for the LEGO Lord of the Rings video-game, including lots of demos from the game:
The game is RP (Ratings Pending) for now, but most LEGO video-games are rated E10+ (Everyone-Ten-And-Up), so that’s what I expect this game to be rated as well.
The Lord of the Rings video-game is going to be available for Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PC, and PlayStation. Depending on which gaming-platform you use will determine the price.
The LEGO Lord of the Rings video-game should come out this October, but Toys’R'Us and some other retailers may carry it earlier then the official release date. You can also pre-order the game on Amazon!
With this new video-game by LEGO, you can be a Lord of the Rings hero! A scary, dangerous, and exciting mission awaits you… are you ready to join the quest? What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Also, this is my second post at theBrickBlogger, and I’m a KFOL (Kid-Fan-of-LEGO). My first post was The Future of LEGO Ninjago, and my own website is: Ninja of Ninjago. Your comments and feedback are appreciated.
For more LEGO Lord of the Rings new, reviews and discussions, check out the LEGO Lord of the Rings section, or select from recent posts below: