LEGO train fans have something to look forward to next year! LEGO just announced an upcoming LEGO train set, the #10233 LEGO Horizon Express, scheduled to be released in January 2013. Interestingly, this LEGO train is under a new category called LEGO Creator Expert. As I love LEGO Creator sets, I’m really looking forward to what else LEGO will release under this theme. Likely it will be the continuation of the more advanced building sets, which would be awesome! 🙄
Back to the new LEGO train, here is the official announcement: #10233 LEGO Train Horizon Express – Build the ultimate high-speed LEGO passenger train! Fly down the track in the Horizon Express! Collect this highly detailed LEGO interpretation of a modern, high-speed electric passenger train!
The detailed body features black train windows, LEGO brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, printed windscreen and brick-built doors. Remove the roof to play inside 2 detailed passenger cars. Steer from the front engine car with, a control-panel and brick-built electrical box!
Then take to the tracks in luxury with the first-class car’s seats, luggage, newspapers, computer-screen and even a bathroom with sliding door! The rear car features a bar with hinged counter, tables for the passengers with seats, a coffee machine, cups and bottles.
For the ultimate high-speed experience, attach a second Horizon Express model, or motorize it by adding LEGO Power Functions! Hard-to-find elements include orange LEGO bricks (including 6×28 chassis plate) and printed tiles. Includes 6 minifigures: train engineer, train steward, and 4 passengers.
- Includes 6 minifigures: female train engineer, male train steward, 2 female passengers and 2 male passengers
- Features 3 train cars, detailed engine-room, printed windscreen, black train windows, brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, seats, a bathroom with sliding door, bar with hinged counter and tables with seats
- Accessories include luggage, newspapers, computer-screen, coffee-machine, cups and bottles
- Discover sideways building techniques!
- Ride the rails in high-speed LEGO style!
- Upgrade your LEGO train model by adding LEGO Power Functions #8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, #8887 Transformer 10V DC, #8884 IR Receiver, #8879 IR Speed Remote Control, #88002 Train Motor and #8870 Lights
- Train measures 31″ (79cm) long and contains 1,351 pieces
- Recommended for ages 14+
- US $129.99 CA $149.99 DE 99.99€ UK 79.99 £ DK 899.00 DKK
And here is the intro video with LEGO designer Jamie Berard, showing you all the details of the Horizon Express. Looks like this is going to be a really great building experience for LEGO train fans!
A gorgeous LEGO train, isn’t it? The details are fantastic and the deliciously orange-white-black combination is very sleek. The design is obviously based on the earlier look of the French high-speed train, the Train à Grande Vitesse, also referred to as TGV.
So what do you think of the new LEGO train? Are you planning to add the Horizon Express to your LEGO train collection? Share your thoughts in the comment section below! 😉
And while you are waiting you may also want to check out the currently available LEGO trains at the Online LEGO Shop: BUY LEGO TRAINS