The first images of the #71006 LEGO The Simpsons House set surfaced just a few days ago, and now we have the official announcement, press-release, designer-video, and of course lots of pictures. So let’s take it all in and then discuss what we think about it! 🙂
➡ LEGO THE SIMPSONS PRESS RELEASE: BILLUND, Denmark (January 8, 2014) – The LEGO Group today announced a new partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to produce a construction set and licensed LEGO minifigures inspired by the iconic television series, The Simpsons. In addition, FOX is scheduled to air a special LEGO episode of The Simpsons in May 2014 featuring Springfield and its cast of characters in LEGO form.
Scheduled to launch this February in LEGO stores and via the LEGO Shop at Home catalog and website, the construction set will recreate the iconic Simpsons family house in LEGO form. Also included in the LEGO and The Simpsons construction set is the entire family: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie along with neighbor Ned Flanders. A separate line of 16 LEGO The Simpsons minifigures will launch in all mass toy retailers in May 2014.
“We are thrilled to collaborate with Fox during the 25th anniversary year of the Simpsons,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing & entertainment at The LEGO Group. “We know our fans will love the challenge of building the Simpsons’ family home in great detail and the ability to collect quintessential characters in LEGO minifigure form will let them showcase their love of the show in a whole new way. We are also excited that The Simpsons will be created in LEGO form, truly bringing this partnership to life.”
“We are kicking off the 25th anniversary of The Simpsons in a big way, and we think LEGO-loving fans of the show will be impressed with this collaboration that represents the best of both iconic worlds through the LEGO and The Simpsons construction set, minifigures and LEGO-themed episode,” said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. “Our partnership with LEGO is the perfect addition to the range of product lines that will be introduced globally in celebration of this great milestone achievement in television history.”
The LEGO The Simpson House will be available February 1st in LEGO retail outlets for $199.99 (USD). The line of LEGO The Simpsons minifigures will launch in May 2014 in all major toy retailers for $3.99 each.
➡ LEGO THE SIMPSONS HOUSE DETAILS: D’oh! The Simpsons House has been turned into LEGO bricks! Build The Simpsons House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more. Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of LEGO brick detail.
Lift off the roof and open up the house to discover Homer and Marge’s big family bedroom including bed and Maggie’s crib, Bart’s room with his skateboard and Krusty the Clown poster, Lisa’s room with her favorite books, jazz poster and more, and bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and mirror. Lift off the top floor to reveal the fully-fitted kitchen with dining table, chairs, yellow and light-blue tiled floor and lots of pots, pans and other accessories. Then it’s into the living room with couch and TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, purple piano and more.
Next to the house is the detachable garage, complete with workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, broom, toolbox, tools and the family car, complete with dent (because only in a LEGO world are dents a plus!), opening trunk and ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant. Step outside onto the terrace and you’ll find loads of cool items, including a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof. The Simpsons House is the perfect collector’s item for fans of all ages. Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
- First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
- Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
- Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
- Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bagLisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
- Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
- Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
- Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
- Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof
- Can you spot all the items Homer has “borrowed” from Ned Flanders?
- Remove the roof and top floor to access the different rooms inside
- House is hinged in the middle for easy access
- The perfect set for fans of LEGO brick building and The Simpsons!
- The Simpsons House measures over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep
- Ages 12+
- 2,523 pieces
Available for sale directly through LEGO beginning February 2014 via shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Stores. US $199.99 – CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £179.99 – DK 1,699.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country.)
So what do you think now that we got all the info on the #71006 LEGO The Simpsons House set? And what about the minifigures? Is this a set you are considering getting once it becomes available? Or are you going to pass? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: