A few days ago LEGO blogs and forums exploded with the news that images of Series 12 of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures have been revealed be several retail websites at about the same time. As you may remember a few of the Series 12 Minifigs have been shown earlier in a LEGO sales catalog as well as the LEGO Club Magazine, but now we have a chance to see the whole line-up! And they certainly don’t disappoint! 🙂
Series 12 of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures is scheduled for released in October for $3.99 per packet. (Yeah, unfortunately it looks like the higher price is going to be permanent.) We will go through each of the minifigures in the line-up, starting from left to right, from the first row to the second row. (Please note that some LEGO fan-sites refer to this collection as Series 14 as they also count The LEGO Simpsons and The LEGO Movie series, but I believe the official title is going to be Series 12.)
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Hun Warrior: This is one of my favorite minifigs from the series. That horned helmet is a wonderful design and the shield is also very nice. A perfect army builder!
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Genie Girl: A lovely minifigure that will join the male Genie from Collectible Minifigures Series 6. It is difficult to tell from the picture if her hair a new piece, and of course we can’t see the back, but all that is visible now; her face, the printing, the colors, the detailing are all very sweet.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Lifeguard: We have gotten a female lifeguard back in Series 2, and also a Surfer Dude in that same series that is quite similar to this one with the same muscular torso and same hairstyle in blonde. So this guy is not so unique, but those red binoculars are a new color, and I’m very excited about them. Why? Because I think they will look great on top of the #21108 LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1 instead of that red clip! 😀
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Wizard: We are finally getting a proper wizard in LEGO form! This is another one of my favorite minifigs from this series. The hat is a new element.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Dino Tracker: We have talked about this minifig previously. She seem to fit well into the now discontinued LEGO Dino theme (so if you have those sets you can add her right in), and also resembled Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games, so yeah, great minifigure! Also notice the sleeves on the arms and the side-printing on the legs!
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Space Miner: Another great minifigure for LEGO Space fans. I always liked that armor piece, and the helmet is brand new. Also, gray and orange is just a great color combination for space guys.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Battle Goddess: I think she is one of the nicest minifigures LEGO ever created. The helmet/hair combination, the torso printing, the flowing dress, the shield… she is just beautiful.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Piggy Guy: Funny that next to such a gorgeous beauty as the Battle Goddess, we get this goofy and adorable character all in pink! Who can resist such cuteness? Piggy Guy will be joining the other highly popular costumed characters from previous series: the Gorilla Suit Guy from Series 3, the Lizard Man from Series 5, the Bunny Suit Guy from Series 7, and the Panda Suit Guy from The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifig Series.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Video Game Guy: Another favorite minifig of mine, and a very useful addition to any LEGO City setup. I always liked that messy hair/headphones combo, the same as the DJ’s from Series 8, but in different color.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Prospector: The torso printing on this character is going to be very useful. So is the hat. I don’t like that beard that was first introduced with The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifig Series, but other than that, nice minifig.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Rock Star: Love to see that hair again in black! It was previously originally available in one very rare set, plus the pink version on the Female Rock Star in Series 7. Also, look at that guitar!
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Swashbuckler: nice torso printing here too with the open shirt. The floppy hat is also great, and that sword finally in gold! That piece – by the way -also works great in LEGO Space creation as an antenna and such because of the handle being a simple rod connection. A very useful piece, now in a new color!
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Jester: Another cutie with a great color combination and very nicely printed torso.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Fairy Tale Princess: A wonderful female minifigure that we should have gotten a long time ago in LEGO Castle sets. Her headdress/hair combination is new, and similar to the headdress that was released back in the 1980s – a highly coveted piece. The lovely lavender color of her outfit is also very nice.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Spooky Girl: All other LEGO fan-sites refer to this minifig as the Spooky Girl or Goth Girl, but I think she is actually most similar to the Mime from Series 2. Anyhow, both mimes and teenage girls dressed up in Goth fashion are quite mysterious and spooky, so yeah, she could be either. 🙄
- LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 12 – Pizza Delivery Guy: I’m actually really surprised that LEGO didn’t make a pizza delivery guy before. We had pizza chefs and waiters and waitresses with pizza, but never a proper pizza delivery person. LEGO and pizza goes great together! This minifig is a must for any LEGO City!
And this concludes LEGO Minifigures Series 12! I’m glad we are back to random minifigures from many different themes instead of minifigs tied to a movie or TV show. I really-really like this series and plan to get most of them. How about you? How do you like this Collectible Minifig Series? Are you looking forward to them? Which one is your favorite? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to visit the LEGO Minifigures section for more news, reviews and discussions, or select from the following related posts: