One of the most exciting LEGO sets of the year that we have been waiting for is the #70751 LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu. It is going to be physically unveiled tomorrow at the San Diego Comic-Con, but we can already feast our eyes on pictures of this ultimate set for LEGO Ninjago fans. Below is the press-release, designer-video, pictures, and other details. 🙂
#70751 LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu description: Join the Ninja at the beautiful Temple of Airjitzu! Enjoy the ultimate LEGO NINJAGO building experience as you construct the majestic Temple of Airjitzu and surrounding village! The highly detailed Temple building has many delightful architectural features including Oriental–style decorated windows and sliding doors. The intricate wooden-frame-style walls of the nearby Blacksmiths and beautiful curved roofs of the Smugglers Market will also test your LEGO building skills. And with every Ninja included in one set for the first time, plus loads of other key characters, you can role-play all your favorite NINJAGO adventures. Take tea in the reception area of the Temple, practice your Ninja moves in the training room or join Wu in his study to read or paint. Discover the Ninja glider upstairs at the Blacksmith’s workshop, cross the bridge guarded by the stone dragons and seek out hidden treasure at the Smugglers’ Market. Then turn off the lights in your room to watch the Temple’s illuminated spinning shadow theater!
- Includes 12 minifigures with assorted weapons: Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, Nya, Wu, Misako, Dareth, Postman, Jesper and Claire.
- Village features the Temple of Airjitzu, Blacksmith’s workshop and Smugglers’ Market connected by paths, steps and bridge with 2 stone-style dragons on either side, plus a statue of Sensei Yang and grass stalk elements.
- Temple of Airjitzu features transparent plastic windows with new Oriental-style decoration and sliding doors, reception area with a geometric floor carpet, table, teapot and bowl, shadow theater with a light brick and spinning elements, Ninja training room with weapon holders, 2 Ninja swords, Ninja bow and a practice target, Wu’s study with 3 books and art canvas elements, and an attic with storage box for Cole’s stuff.
- Blacksmith’s workshop features wooden-frame-style walls, opening door, sign with anvil and hammer image, realistic interior with anvil, hammer and other assorted tool elements, upper floor with Ninja glider relic with detachable spear elements, rat element in the attic, 2 trees outside with fallen leaves on the roof and grass stalk elements.
- Smugglers’ Market features curved Oriental-style roof, golden Oriental details, 2 hidden treasure chests filled with assorted golden weapon elements, sign with bread image, sign with fish image, plus assorted elements including: 2 Ninjago trading cards in a sack, barrel with 2 fish, 2 fishing rods, food and grass stalk elements.
- Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole and Nya minifigures all come in new black Ninja outfits.
- Misako, Dareth and Postman minifigures are new to LEGO NINJAGO sets.
- New Wu minifigure outfit.
- Drink tea, train to be a Ninja and study with Wu at the Temple!
- Find the Ninja glider at the Blacksmith’s workshop.
- Seek hidden treasure chests at the Smugglers’ Market!
- Put on a show for your friends with the illuminated spinning shadow theater!
- Recreate your favorite scenes from the NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
- Village measures over 16” (42cm) high, 20” (52cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.
- Temple of Airjitzu measures over 16” (42cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 7” (19cm) deep.
- Blacksmith’s workshop measures over 5” (15cm) high, 5” (15cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
- Smugglers’ Market measures over 5” (14cm) high, 5” (14cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
- Recommended age: 14+
- Total piece-count: 2,028 pieces
I have to say that this set is just gorgeous. The amount of detail reminds me of the intricate dioramas that you see displayed by the LEGO fan community at various LEGO conventions. It is also reminiscent of the #10193 LEGO Castle Medieval Market Village set. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the two sets would look really good together – maybe with a little modification to blend the different styles. And that working cinema is just brilliant! And it looks like the instruction booklet is going to be beautiful too!
The #70751 LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu is going to be available directly from LEGO in September 2015, with early access to LEGO VIP members beginning on August 18th. If you are interested in this set I highly recommend getting it during the VIP early access period, as it will be likely on backorder by the time it becomes available to the general public. The price of the set is as follows: US $199.99 – CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1799.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country). Although the set can’t be purchased until the above dates, it is already listed with more pictures and details under the LEGO Ninjago section of the Online LEGO Shop.
So what do you think? How do you like the LEGO Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu set? Are you excited about it? Planning to get it as soon as it gets released? Or save up for it and get it later? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below. 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: