Yesterday LEGO announced the details of the new #10252 LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle, a fantastic set, that is a significant upgrade from the previously released #10187 LEGO Volkswagen Beetle from 2008. Below are the details, pictures, designer-video and more! 🙂
Here is the official description of the set: Head for the beach with the VW Beetle! Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
Looks great, isn’t it? Here are some additional specs and details of the #10252 LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle:
- 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.
- Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.
- Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.
- Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.
- Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.
- Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.
- Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.
- Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.
- VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- Ages 16+.
- 1,167 pieces.
We had a Volkswagen Beetle just like this when I was growing up, so I’m particularly excited about this set. It even had the same color! I really like the tilted front and back seats, and the opening hood and trunk. And the curves look phenomenal! I would say that this is one of the best sets of the year, and the price is very reasonable too. It will be a perfect addition to the #10220 LEGO Creator Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and the #10242 LEGO Creator MINI Cooper.
The #10252 LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle will be available directly through LEGO on August 1st, with VIP early access starting on July 14th. Prices are as follows: US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK (Euro pricing varies by country). It will be listed under the LEGO Creator section of the Online LEGO Shop.
So what do you think? How do you like the #10252 LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle? And what do you think of the color, the features, and other details? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: