You might remember the #40220 LEGO Creator Mini London Bus, a small promotional item that was available last year. Well, this year LEGO decided to release a larger version of the iconic vehicle; the #10258 LEGO Creator Expert London Bus. Below is the full press-release with pictures, and the designer-video. Look through them, and let’s discuss! 🙂
Here is the official description of the set: Take a nostalgic journey with this LEGO Creator Expert replica of the world-famous double-decker London Bus. Grab the hand pole and step onto the open rear boarding deck, complete with a used ticket bin and fire extinguisher. Then take the half-spiral staircase to the sightseeing deck where you’ll find a cozy seating area and a number of other items, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and even discarded chewing gum stuck under a slightly-worn seat. Slide the door to access the driver’s cab with panoramic windscreen, lift the hood to reveal the engine, remove the roof and upper deck to access the interior, and choose your favorite decade with the reversible transit-advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present-day London promotion. From the distinctive lines and curves of its bright-red bodywork, to its specially made standard-tread tires and destination sign, this beautifully crafted model oozes authenticity and intricate details that capture the character and charm of a celebrated London icon! 1,686 pieces. Price: $139.99, £109.99, €119.99
- The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign. It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.
- Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
- Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
- Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
- Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
- Lift the hood to access the engine.
- Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
- This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO Creator Expert vehicle series.
- Measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
And here is the designer-video, where LEGO Creator Senior Designer Morten Graff-Wang explains the features of the set, and there are also a couple of building animations with more fun details.
Pretty red bus, isn’t it? It is interesting to note that the description says that the set is meant to be displayed alongside the other LEGO Creator Expert vehicles like, the #10220 LEGO Creator Volkswagen T1 Camper, the #10242 LEGO Creator MINI Cooper, the #10248 LEGO Creator Ferrari F40, and the #10252 LEGO Creator Volkswagen Beetle. These other vehicles are not completely to scale with each other, but they are fairly close, and all of them are much larger than minifig-scale. On the other hand, even though the #10258 LEGO Creator London Bus is not described as minifig-compatible, the images clearly show that the seats and accessories are regular minifig size. The overall vehicle is still larger than a standard LEGO City bus would be, but perhaps with some modification it could be included in a LEGO City layout.
The launch date for the #10258 LEGO Creator London Bus is going to be August 1st, with early access to LEGO VIP members on July 17th. Due to the local relevance of the set, there will be some special unveiling events at the five LEGO brand stores in the London area on July 1st. And it also listed already at the LEGO Creator section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the LEGO Creator London Bus? Do you have any of the other LEGO Creator Expert vehicles? Which one is your favorite so far? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: