After much teasing at LEGO’s social-media pages, the #10262 LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5 has been finally revealed at a special event at the Leicester Square LEGO store a couple of days ago. And, even if you are far from London, you don’t have to wait; the set is already available at the Online LEGO Shop. Details below. 🙂
Here is the official description of the set: Get a license to build with the awesome #10262 LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5. This impressive replica model captures the elegance and timeless sophistication of Agent 007’s iconic 1964 sports car, and comes with a wealth of authentic details and functioning gadgetry. Open the doors and you’ll discover a detailed interior with a concealable radar tracker and a door compartment containing a telephone. And, when it’s time for action, activate the passenger ejector seat, turn the revolving number plates, raise the rear-window bulletproof screen, deploy the wheel-mounted tire scythes and pull back the gearstick to reveal the front wing machine guns. This collectible model car also features a detailed straight-6 engine, drum-lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, moulded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts and front and rear Aston Martin logos. The model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia—a must-have for fans of the Aston Martin DB5, James Bond movies and LEGO building sets. Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide. 1,295 pieces. Price: $149.99 – BUY HERE
- Authentic replica of the world-famous 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports car, featuring a classic design with drum-lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, moulded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts, opening boot, bonnet and doors, and a wealth of James Bond gadgetry, including a working ejector seat, revolving number plates, rear-window bulletproof screen, front wing machine guns and wheel-mounted tyre scythes.
- This LEGO James Bond Aston Martin DB5 model also features opening doors and a detailed interior with a concealable radar tracker and door compartment with telephone.
- Lift the bonnet to check out the straight-6 engine detailing.
- Pull back the rear bumper to eject unwelcome passengers.
- Revolve the number plates, raise the rear-window bulletproof screen and deploy the wheel-mounted tire scythes.
- Pull back the gearstick to reveal the front wing machine guns.
- Own this collectible replica of the Aston Martin DB5, as featured in the classic James Bond Goldfinger movie.
- New-for-August-2018 special elements include a drum-lacquered macaroni connector, 2×4 tile and 1M beam, plus a printed 1×2 tile with grille pattern.
- Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- This set includes 1,295 pieces, and is suitable for ages 16+.
Feedback on the LEGO James Bond Aston Martin DB5 has been a bit mixed. While most LEGO fans agree that the gadgets and special features are amazing and very fun, the shaping of the vehicle has been somewhat controversial. The LEGO model appears too boxy from certain angles, however, from other angles, it’s a great representation of James Bond’s iconic ride. In the official designer video, LEGO designer Mike Psiaki talks about the challenges faced when working on this set, including the scale, choice of parts, and play-features. You can watch it below.
While the shaping may not be perfect, the built-in play-features and gadgets of the #10262 LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5 are fantastic! In the video-review below by the JANGBRiCKS, you can see how the ejector seat, rotating license plates, and wing machine guns work, and also check out all the hidden compartments and other features.
If you like what you see, and you are ready to get the #10262 LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5, prices are as follows: US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – FR 149.99€ DK – 1399DK (Euro pricing varies by country). And yes, that’s a pretty high price for a LEGO Creator vehicle, but this is a super special licensed car with lots of unusual functions, so overall it’s not too bad. You can find it at the LEGO Creator Expert section of the Online LEGO Shop.
Also, to celebrate the release of the new set, LEGO is offering LEGO VIP members the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to 007 Elements, the ultimate James Bond experience! This is a new James Bond cinematic installation built inside the summit of the Gaislachkogl Mountain in Sölden. To enter the sweepstakes, just follow the link and fill in your information. That’s all there is to it! The winner will be notified via their LEGO VIP email address on or around August 19th, 2018.
What do you think? How do you like the #10262 LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5? Is this a set you are interested to get? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: