As we discussed last month, LEGO is currently running its first Indiegogo campaign to test out a new marketing strategy, as well as new product concept called LEGO FORMA. You can read all the details of the campaign here: LEGO FORMA – LEGO Teams Up with Indiegogo! The campaign is doing well with around 5,000 backers the last time I checked the campaign page, and there is still plenty of time left to participate. 🙂
I was part of the early test group for LEGO FORMA back in July via the LEGO Ambassador Forum, and I also backed the project once it went live on Indiegogo. I couldn’t help myself and ordered the LEGO FORMA Super Box with all four skins, so I have a chance to try them all out and also share my thoughts on it in a future review.
As I mentioned above, LEGO is using the Indigogo campaign not just for introducing a new product, but also for testing a new way of marketing and getting feedback. The LEGO FORMA team has been very responsive to questions and comments on the campaign page, and a couple of days ago, they also sent out a survey to get more detailed feedback from those who backed the project. If you are a backer, you should have received an email with the survey link, and for those who are not backers, I have included the questions below, as they offer some interesting insights into the development and future possibilities with LEGO FORMA.
To introduce the survey, the LEGO FORMA team explains that they would like to get some feedback to make sure the final product is something fans are going to be very happy with.
Thank you again for backing the LEGO FORMA campaign on Indiegogo. We are incredibly pleased that you’ve decided to join us on this journey. We’re still working on the final LEGO FORMA product and we’d love to ask you some questions to get the prototypes just right. We’d love to ask you a couple of questions and hear your thoughts on what you like about LEGO FORMA, and even more importantly, what you believe could be improved. The survey should take around 5 minutes to complete, and to make this a little more interesting for you, we will be sending an additional LEGO FORMA Super Box (base model + all skins) to one lucky respondent.
Some of the questions are pretty basic, asking for age, gender, country of residence, if you purchased other LEGO products for yourself in the past year, how often do you build with LEGO, who do you typically build with, and which LEGO building systems do you use the most often. Then there are also some basic questions about LEGO FORMA, like whom you purchased it for, which package did you choose when backing the project, and why. Other basic questions are about if you ever supported new products on a crowdfunding platform, and if you would recommend backing the LEGO FORMA campaign to friends or relatives. Then, the questions start to get more interesting:
- On a scale of 1 to 5, how important were the statements below when you decided to back the LEGO FORMA campaign on Indiegogo? 1.) Owning a new product before anyone else 2.) Owning a limited-edition LEGO product 3.) Purchasing a LEGO product at a discount 4.) Being part of LEGO’s innovation process
- Based on what you know about LEGO FORMA, how strongly do you agree with the below statements? 1.) LEGO FORMA can help me be creative 2.) LEGO FORMA looks cool and different 3.) LEGO FORMA can help me unwind and relax 4.) LEGO FORMA is something I can share with others 5.) LEGO FORMA is something I can build with my kids 6.) LEGO FORMA lets me use my hands 7.) I will be proud to display LEGO FORMA in my home or office 8.) LEGO FORMA is innovative and renewed my passion for LEGO
- On a scale of 1 to 5, how important were the product features below when you decided to back the LEGO FORMA campaign on Indiegogo? 1.) Ability to customize skins 2.) Ability to display the model 3.) The overall building system 4.) The kinetic movement of the model 5.) The nature theme 6.) The fish theme
- Which information was the most helpful for you to make the decision to back the LEGO FORMA campaign? 1.) Project video 2.) The project story 3.) The project FAQ 4.) Project updates 5.) Project comments from other backers 6.) Perks 7.) News articles 8.) Blog posts 9.) Recommendation from others 10.) Posts on social media
- If there’s anything you haven’t had a chance to tell us about LEGO FORMA or the Indiegogo campaign, please share your thoughts. 1.) What is your number one favorite thing about LEGO FORMA? 2.) What is your number one doubt or concern about LEGO FORMA, if any? What 3 words describe the future of LEGO FORMA for you? Anything else you’d like to tell us?
As you can see, the LEGO FORMA team asks good questions to get useful feedback both on who is supporting LEGO FORMA, and what they like/dislike about the project. In addition, LEGO Ambassadors can also share feedback from their communities via the LEGO Ambassador Forum.
What do you think? Are you a backer of the LEGO FORMA campaign? Did you respond to the survey yet? Feel free to share some of your answers that you feel are important. And if you are not a backer of the campaign, you are welcome to answer the questions in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: