As a very interesting move, a couple of days ago, both the Online LEGO Shop and Amazon made a new LEGO Star Wars set available for pre-order. The #75251 LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle is unique in several ways. First of all, actual buildings are pretty rare in the LEGO Star Wars collection, and LEGO making a set available for pre-order only happened once in recent history. In addition, this set is an Amazon exclusive, meaning that Amazon will be the only reseller carrying the set besides official LEGO stores and the Online LEGO Shop. Below are the details. 🙂
Here is the official description of the set: Set the scene for action on planet Mustafar with the #75251 LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle! This building set of Vader’s menacing-looking home features lots of great details, including a brick-built lava flow, an underground hangar with mouse droid and docking station, ancient Sith shrine with holocron, racks for extra ammunition, and secret compartments hiding more Sith relics. The hangar also houses a buildable TIE Advanced Fighter model with stud shooters and space to sit the Darth Vader minifigure. There’s also a bacta tank, Darth Vader’s meditation chamber with holographic communication unit, and a meeting platform at the top with a defensive stud-shooter cannon. As well as classic Darth Vader, the set also includes a bacta tank version of the Dark Lord, plus 2 Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot. 1,060 pieces. Price: $129.99 – LEGO SHOP – AMAZON SHOP
- Includes 5 minifigures: Darth Vader, Darth Vader (bacta tank), 2 Royal Guards and an Imperial Transport Pilot.
- Features Darth Vader’s Castle and a buildable version of Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
- Underground hangar with mouse droid and docking station, ancient Sith shrine with holocron, racks for extra ammunition, Sith relics, secret compartments hiding a Lightsaber handle and a red kyber crystal element, plus space for Vader’s TIE Advanced Fighter.
- Castle also features a side access door, opening bacta tank, a hook for Lord Vader’s cape, meditation chamber with space for a minifigure and holographic communication unit, plus a circular meeting area at the top with a defensive stud-shooter cannon.
- TIE Advanced Fighter features 2 stud shooters and an opening minifigure cockpit.
- Weapons include Darth Vader’s red Lightsaber, the Imperial Transport Pilot’s blaster pistol and the Royal Guards’ Force pikes.
- Measures over 16” (41cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 9” (23cm) deep.
- TIE Advanced Fighter measures over 2” (6cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 3” (9cm) long.
- Includes 1,060 pieces.
- Recommended for Age 9+.
As mentioned above, the set is exclusively available through Amazon and the Online LEGO Shop. Amazon lists the official release date as November 26th (so if you pre-order that’s the time the package will ship). The Online LEGO Shop lists the date the set will ship as December 1st. The price at both Amazon and the Online LEGO Shop is the same, and they both offer free shipping. However, if you order directly from LEGO, you will also receive whatever promotional item is available at the time you make a purchase. The current promotions are a free #40300 LEGO Star Wars Han Solo Mudtrooper minifigure until October 14th, and a free LEGO Minifigure Collector Frame during the rest of the month. If you would like to pre-order, here are the links:
The #75251 LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle looks quite dramatic from the front, and could make an excellent focal piece in a LEGO Star Wars layout. And the inside is packed with lots of details. If you would like to own a unique LEGO Star Wars set that doesn’t break the bank, this can be a great choice. Due to the limited release, this can also make a great gift for a LEGO Star Wars fan. For other currently available sets, check the LEGO Star Wars section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the #75251 LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader’s Castle? Is this a set you are interested to get? And what do you think of the idea of LEGO making sets available for pre-order? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: