As we discussed a couple of months ago (see: LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars TV Show Series!), Lucasfilm and Disney released a new television show for LEGO Star Wars fans. The LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars animated adventure series comprises of eight shorts and four half-hour episodes, featuring LEGO versions of the latest heroes and villains of the Star Wars galaxy alongside iconic characters including Kylo Ren, R2-D2, young Han, Chewie, young Lando, BB-8, and General Leia. 🙂
The eight shorts aired at the end of October/beginning of November, followed by four half-hour episodes in mid-November to early December on Disney XD and DisneyNOW. The eight shorts are also available on the Disney XD YouTube channel, which I have included in the video-player below. You can watch the episodes in sequence, or select the one you would like from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the player. I have also included the synopsis of all eight shorts for your reference. Enjoy!
- PART 1: LO, I AM MANUFACTURED: Roger tells the story of his birth (and numerous deaths) during the Clone Wars to Han Solo and Chewbacca!
- PART 2: IT GETS UGLY: Roger inadvertently launches himself and his master, Pace, to a desolate planet infested with fearsome Rancors!
- PART 3: THE GOOD STUFF!: In a case of mistaken identity, Roger finds himself hunted by Imperial Stormtroopers. Fortunately, Captain Cassian Andor and K2-SO are on hand to bail him out!
- PART 4: THE PRISONER OF TATOOINE: While hunting for a rare part, Roger winds up a captive of the Jawas!
- PART 5: THE DROID RESCUE GAMBIT: Roger and Chopper team up to rescue a contingent of droids the Empire has slated for destruction!
- PART 6: YUB NUB!: Roger learns just how persistent an affectionate Ewok can be!
- PART 7: WHAT GOES UP…: When Roger makes a delivery to Maz, his jetpack makes the work much easier…until it malfunctions and sends Roger on a wild ride!
- PART 8: THE POWER AT JAKKU: Roger and friends assist the Rebels in their final battle against the Empire!
LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars is a production of Wil Film, the LEGO Group, and Lucasfilm. Developed for television by Bill Motz and Bob Roth (LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Penguins of Madagascar), they join Jill Wilfert and Erik Wilstrup as executive producers (LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures). We can also expect (or, at least hope) that LEGO will release at least a couple of sets related to LEGO Star-Wars: All-Stars at some point.
I’m not sure if the four half-hour episodes will ever be available on YouTube, but even if not, they should be released in DVD format at some point in the near future. Speaking of DVDs, If you are not familiar with LEGO Star Wars films, I highly recommend checking them out. They include LEGO-ized versions of favorite Star Wars characters (which is funny enough already), extra characters made just for the TV show, and lots of witty LEGO humor. You can get all the previous TV shows on DVD at Amazon:
- LEGO STAR WARS: THE PADAWAN MENACE
- LEGO STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES OUT
- LEGO STAR WARS: THE YODA CHRONICLES
- LEGO STAR WARS: DROID TALES
- LEGO STAR WARS: THE FREEMAKER ADVENTURES – SEASON 1
- LEGO STAR WARS THE FREEMAKER ADVENTURES – SEASON 2
What do you think? How do you like LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars? Did you watch all the shorts? And have you had a chance to catch the full episodes? What was your favorite part? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: