One of the most feared ships in the Star Wars galaxy is flying into LEGO stores on September 18 as the #75252 LEGO Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer set arrives from the galaxy far, far away to provide an all-new build experience for LEGO brick and Star Wars fans alike. The LEGO Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer set measures 110 cm long and is comprised of 4,784 bricks. The new addition to the LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series (UCS) brings to life the fan favorite vessel of the Galactic Empire in LEGO brick form like never before. Details below.
Own the ultimate Imperial Star Destroyer! Build and display an icon of the Galactic Empire – the Devastator. With over 4,700 LEGO pieces, this #75252 Ultimate Collector Series Imperial Star Destroyer model captures all the authentic details of the starship as it appeared in the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope, including swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, intricate surface detailing and of course a buildable scale version of the Rebels’ Tantive IV starship to chase down. This galactic civil war Ultimate Collector Series set also includes a display stand with informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures, making it the perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for discerning fans.
- Includes Imperial Officer and Imperial Crewmember minifigures.
- The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, and intricate surface detailing.
- Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
- With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
- Also comes with 2 blaster pistol weapons.
- This Ultimate Collector Series set has 4,784 pieces.
- Inspire unforgettable Star Wars: A New Hope moments.
- The perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for fans of the Star Wars saga.
- Ultimate Collector Series model on display stand measures over 17” (44cm) high, 43” (110cm) long, and 26” (66cm) wide, and over 14” (37cm) high without stand.
- Recommended for ages 16+.
Here are a couple of more details from the exterior of the #75252 LEGO Star Wars Star Destroyer. Here you can see how the Tantive IV is attached, as well as the detailed canons.
And here is the designer-video where you can take a closer look at the new LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer with Senior Designer Henrik Andersen. He will show you some of the cool features of the set, as well as the interior structure.
The #75252 LEGO Star Wars Star Destroyer is available directly from LEGO stores and the Online LEGO Shop from September 18, 2019 for LEGO VIP members, and October 1 for all other builders. Prices are as follows: US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK –$1099.99 AUD (Euro pricing varies by country.) The set is listed at the LEGO Star Wars section of the Online LEGO Shop.
LEGO released several Star Destroyers in the past, from miniature versions all the way to Ultimate Collector Series sets. The largest have been the #10030 LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series Imperial Star Destroyer (37 inches long, 3,096 pieces, original price $270) released in 2002, and the #10221 LEGO Star Wars Super Star Destroyer (50 inches long, 3,152 pieces, original price $400) released in 2011. As you can see, the #75252 LEGO Star Wars Star Destroyer comes with significantly more pieces than the previous sets. #10030 LEGO Star Wars UCS Imperial Star Destroyer used magnets to keep the hull together, so it is going to be very interesting to see how LEGO designers handled the construction of the newer version of this massive ship.
What do you think? How do you like the new LEGO Star Wars UCS Star Destroyer? How do you think it compares to the 2002 version? Is this a set you would like to get? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: