Hey, there! I see you made it into my page, so welcome! Here’s some basic info about me. My name is Ernest, and I am a TFOL (Teen-Fan-of-LEGO). When I was between four and eight years old, I liked playing with LEGO DUPLO bricks and enjoyed the endless possibilities they brought me. I got my first regular LEGO set on my birthday in 2007, which was the #7945 LEGO City Fire Station. Initially I didn’t like this birthday present at all – I never built with small LEGO elements before, and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to assemble the set. Luckily, with little help, I successfully assembled this amazing set and I was hooked on LEGO! Yay!
I kept asking my parents to get me more LEGO City Fire sets for the rest of that year, and I had a lot of fun building them. But after about a year I started to feel bored and didn’t want to build any more fire-related sets. So I moved on the LEGO City Police sets (I wanted to be a policeman at that time!). I also wanted to explore others themes, so in 2009 I tried out LEGO Creator sets and found them to be very awesome. In 2010 I challenged myself to see if I could build the more advanced LEGO Technic sets. I ended up not liking Technic that much, so after four sets I stopped getting them.
In the same year, LEGO introduced a new theme called LEGO Hero Factory and I was instantly hooked! I purchased a lot of the sets in the line because of the tremendous story plot, but I stopped buying them in 2013. My favorite LEGO Hero Factory set is the #6203 LEGO Hero Factory Black Phantom.
Then, in early 2013 I ran across pictures of the #10232 LEGO Modular Palace Cinema on Facebook, and I was very eager to get it. It ended up taking five months because the set was not available in my region. I was really fascinated by the building techniques used in this set, so since then I started collecting the LEGO Modular Houses. I currently own the #10232 LEGO Modular Palace Cinema, the #10218 LEGO Modular Pet Shop, the #10224 LEGO Modular Town Hall and the #10243 LEGO Modular Parisian Restaurant. The Parisian Restaurant is my favorite.
I also started to collect the LEGO Collectible Minifigures. In my region I can buy the entire series for a relatively cheap price and I don’t have to hunt for them individually, so yeah, I’m lucky!
My most recent purchase was this summer when I went to Denmark’s only LEGO store and bought the #10244 LEGO Creator Fairground Mixer and the #21109 LEGO Ideas Exo Suit. I really like the design and play-features of the Fairground Mixer and it instantly became my favorite LEGO set of all time! Here is a picture of my LEGO shelf where most of my LEGO sets are.
➡ Q&A 1: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LEGO SET? – As I have mentioned, my favorite set is the #10244 LEGO Creator Fairground Mixer. First of all it is designed my favorite LEGO designer, Jamie Berard, plus it is compatible with LEGO Power Functions (which I luckily have), has lots of play-features, and twelve minifigures! Apart from the main attraction, which is the mixer, there are also some small booths, two trucks, and more – it’s like getting a lot of small sets in a big box!
➡ Q&A 2: WHY DID YOU START WRITING FOR TBB? – Well, this has been my favorite website for a long time, but I always thought that only Thita, the admin of the site was writing articles. One day I accidentally clicked on the CONTRIBUTORS tab on top and discovered that I can also contribute by writing articles! I immediately contacted admin that I wanted to become a contributor and that’s how I started writing. So far it has been a blast and a pleasant experience.
➡ Q&A 3: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LEGO BOOK? – My personal favorite got to be the LEGO Minifigure Year by Year: A Visual History, because it contains very interesting information about LEGO’s history and it also includes three minifigures I never had. I have written a review about this book that you can find at the bottom of this page in the articles section.
Below is a bit more random stuff about me, in case you are interested. 🙂
- I’m fifteen years old.
- My first LEGO set was the #7945 LEGO City Fire Station.
- My favorite LEGO themes are: LEGO Creator Modular Buildings, other LEGO Creator Expert sets and the LEGO Collectable Minifigures.
- I always wanted a LEGO Collectible Minifig Mr. Gold, but can’t manage to find one.
- I don’t like LEGO………. I LOVE LEGO!
- My favorite sports are swimming and ice-skating.
- I am a fan of Apple products.
- I like the number 9.
- I enjoy reading!
- I love books by DK Publishing.
- I travel to different places around the globe once to twice a year.
- I have been to more than 20 countries.
- I like collecting LEGO catalogs from around the world.
- My favorite LEGO set is the #10244 LEGO Creator Fairground Mixer.
- My favorite movie is The LEGO Movie.
- My favorite subject in school is chemistry.
- I love writing, especially here at theBrickBlogger.
- I have a Facebook account.
- I am very good at memorizing.
- I don’t really listen to music.
- I hate quizzes or exams.
- I don’t like going to school.
- I like taking photos.
- I am quite good with technology.
- I don’t really like drinking water.
- I’m pretty good at physics.
- I like eating, but I don’t eat much.
- I want to be organized, but I can’t always accomplish it.
- I am obsessed with round numbers.
- I like the storyline of LEGO Ninjago and LEGO Legends of Chima, but I never purchase any sets from these themes.
- I have more than 10,000 LEGO bricks and 100 LEGO minifigures.
- My favorite food: soft-boiled eggs and sunny-side-up.
- I hate Chinese food.
- I like to eat sushi.
- I’m a righty.
- I love Disney’s movies.
- My favorite juice is tomato juice.
- I like anything that is lime-green in color.
- I used to keep a diary.
- I like drinking milk.
- I can’t eat chips and other foods that are deep-fried. They make me sick.
- I have more than 200 books.
- I don’t really like Mega Bloks.
- My favorite country is Canada.
- I have been to Macau.
- I don’t like the number 44.
- I guess if you are reading this you’re probably getting a bit bored…
- I hate the color red.
- Since I have nothing more to say….
- I’ll stop here!
If you wish to contact me you can do so in the comment section below and I will answer as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting!