It wasn’t until Sarah was about 10 when she became interested in LEGO, although it took her a couple of years to get really into it. Sarah adored the Paradisa line, even though she only managed to wrangle three sets out of her parents. Other LEGO themes she collected included Basic, Town, Castle, Pirates, and – oddly enough – Technic.
Through playing with LEGO Sarah learned how to follow directions and to organize – habits that proved to be useful in other areas of her life as well. Though Sarah stopped playing with LEGO around age 16, she didn’t let her collection go far; it was boxed up and put away in the guest-bedroom.
Sarah was 25 when she moved away from home to marry Will. (See William’s profile here.) Her box of LEGO was misplaced for a few years, but finally rediscovered in their own garage! Now she is happily re-building her childhood LEGO sets.
It was with her husband, Will, that Sarah rediscovered LEGO as an adult. It was a wonderful moment; standing in the toy aisle of K-Mart, looking at several Fantasy Era Castle sets.
While Will is the main builder of MOCs, Sarah enjoys the job of detailing his creations, adding final touches and choosing minifigures. Her main job, though, is keeping their ever expanding LEGO collection organized so that when Will is ready to build, she can find him what he needs.
Sarah loves the social aspect of building with LEGO. She enjoys the time she spends with her husband; whether it’s building an official LEGO set, building a MOC or working with him on his LEGO articles and blog entries. After a few months of seeing Will blog, Sarah realized that she had things she wanted to say too!
Sarah is currently the admin for the Sacramento Brick Builder’s Facebook Fan Page and invites anyone in the Sacramento area to “Like” the page to be informed of the groups’ activities and exciting LEGO news.
In the more mundane part of her life, Sarah works at the California Department of Health Care Services. She enjoys it, for the most part, as it gives her the opportunity to do research and write.
Sarah loves to write, though her passion is creative writing, such as short stories. While she’s attempted a novel, she has since abandoned the idea and is currently on a mental hiatus, waiting for her muse to come back. In the mean time, Sarah will keep her writing skills sharpened through blogging about LEGO social and personal development topics.
HERE IS A LIST OF POSTS BY SARAH:
- The Quest for My LEGO Childhood
- Intimidated by LEGO-Building
- Seriously Learning How to Play with LEGO
- Building My Own LEGO Blacksmith
- Joining the Academy – the LEGO MBA Program
- LEGO Organization: the Portable Solution
- Small Things Come in Quick Packages! MBA Kit 2 – Microbuilding
- LEGO Budgeting: Spreading out LEGO-Buying
- The World of Female LEGO Fans – PART 1
- The World of Female LEGO Fans – PART 3
- LEGO VIP Brick Friday… On Saturday?
- Dear LEGO… My Opinion on LEGO Friends
- Dear LEGO… Heroica Rocks!
- More Female LEGO Minifigures in Series 6 & 7!
- Making a LEGO Gift for Friends & Family
- CUUSOO – where LEGO Dreams Come True…
- Navigating LEGO CUUSOO…
- Giving Feedback to LEGO CUUSOO
- LEGO MBA Level 3: Building Stories with Bricks!
- How to Find What’s New with LEGO CUUSOO
- LEGO Bricks-by-the-Bay Convention – Part One
- LEGO Bricks-by-the-Bay Convention – Part Two
- The LEGO Winchester Reaches 10,000 Votes!
- CUUSOO Changes & Featured LEGO Projects
- CUUSOO: More Changes & an Amazing Maze!