If you live in the New York area, or happen to be there this weekend, there is a unique LEGO event you might want to participate in. The LEGO LIVE experience – the only official LEGO show of its kind – will hold its inaugural U.S. event at Pier 36 in Manhattan February 16-18. LEGO LIVE NYC will feature 65,000 square feet of immersive experiences, life-size builds, hands-on building activities, live performances, and demonstrations and workshops with LEGO Master Builders for families and visitors of all ages. Below are the details from the press-release. 🙂
LEGO LIVE will debut a unique blend of imagination, creativity and play for the first time in the United States with a major family event February 16-18, 2018 in New York City. This new official LEGO event will transform Pier 36 in Manhattan into a brick-built family adventure filled with playful activities, performances and more for both kids and kids at heart. Tickets are on sale at legolive.frontgatetickets.com.
A must-attend event for any LEGO fan, LEGO LIVE NYC will include a range of interactive themed play zones, each offering a distinct experience – from classic building challenges to using coding and robotic technology to program a multifunctional model. Fans will also be able to meet LEGO Master Builders at the Master Lab Help Desk, where builders can get one-on-one advice and show off their creations. Show guests can explore the latest LEGO building sets, compete in exciting building challenges, and take photos with LEGO models based on beloved characters from iconic films and LEGO properties such as Star Wars and Ninjago. Among the many experiences, families will find the following attractions.
- LEGO Life: Maximize your show experience via the LEGO Life app, a safe, social network for kids who love to build. The app will offer details on show activities and insider tips, and the LEGO Life team will host exclusive opportunities to build, capture and share unique LEGO creations made at the show with the broader community of LEGO fans in the app.
- Meet the Masters on the Main Stage: Meet a LEGO Master Builder and learn building tips and tricks in live demonstrations, competitions and Q&A sessions.
- LEGO Architecture: Build together to create the iconic skyscrapers that make up the Manhattan skyline in this community building area.
- LEGO Minecraft: Journey with Steve to build your way through the iconic and ever-popular Minecraft universe with the thousands of specialty LEGO pieces found in this creative building zone.
- Coding Corner: Build, code and play with the new LEGO BOOST and heritage LEGO MINDSTORMS toolkits to test your skill in creating your own LEGO robot.
- LEGO Shop: Browse a huge selection of LEGO sets for builders of all ages, or select from an assortment of “show only” souvenirs.
“New York City is home to many of the world’s most dedicated, creative and passionate LEGO fans, so we are thrilled to debut this one-of-a-kind experience with families in the tri-state area,” said Michael McNally, senior director, brand relations at LEGO Systems, Inc. “We can’t wait to see how that inherent creativity comes to life as we engage New Yorkers and visitors alike in memorable hands-on, minds-on LEGO play experiences for the entire family.”
Tickets for LEGO LIVE NY are available and can be purchased at legolive.frontgatetickets.com. $30 General Admission, $45 VIG (Very Important Guest) and $75 VIK (Very Important Kid) ticketing options are available. Each ticket is good for a 4-hour session that gives your family time to build, create and learn from LEGO Master Builders appearing on the LEGO LIVE stage. Tickets are limited for each session, but there are lots of opportunities for your family to be part of this exciting event. The organizers are anticipating a sold-out event, so demand for these tickets will be high. This is the only official LEGO show in the US for 2018 and this is the first show of its kind in New York.
You can read more about the LEGO LIVE NY event, session times, how to get tickets, what is included with the tickets, directions to the event, and answers to frequently asked questions at liveevent.lego.com and liveevent.lego.com/tickets/.
What do you think? Are you interested to attend this event? If you do plan to attend, feel free to come back after this weekend to share your experience in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related post: