Step into your astronaut boots with the new LEGO Ideas International Space Station! Today, the LEGO Group announced the new LEGO Ideas International Space Station, packed with authentic details as part of its 10-year celebration of the LEGO Ideas program. Realize your own dreams of becoming an astronaut with the new LEGO Ideas International Space Station, available to buy from LEGO stores and the Online LEGO Shop from February 1st. Details below.
LEGO fan Christoph Ruge submitted the original design for the LEGO Ideas International Space Station set after submitting other various space model entries via the LEGO Ideas platform. LEGO Ideas offers fans the opportunity to submit their own brick creations with the chance to have their concept brought to life with the help of LEGO master designers and a share of the profits. After three years, Christoph’s design was selected through the special review to celebrate the 10th anniversary year of the LEGO Ideas program that has seen amazing sets come to fans including The Flintstones, Steamboat Willie, and Friends Central Perk in the last year alone.
Hasan Jensen, Engagement Manager at the LEGO Group, said: “To celebrate 10 years of crowdsourcing and collaboration between LEGO Ideas (called LEGO CUUSOO until 2014) and LEGO fans around the world, we decided to dive into the archives of LEGO Ideas projects that had gathered 10,000 supporters but hadn’t quite made it into production. We decided that one of these great ideas should have a second chance, so we thought we would turn the LEGO Ideas process upside down. This time we started the internal review and came up with four exciting projects that we thought showed the greatest potential – and then it was up to the LEGO Ideas community to decide which of the four would be made into LEGO Ideas set number 29. It was great fun to follow the fan vote and we were excited to be able to finally welcome the International Space Station into the LEGO Ideas family.”
Here is the official description of the set: Build and display this spectacular #21321 LEGO Ideas ISS (International Space Station). Packed with authentic ISS details, including a poseable Canadarm2 and 2 rotating joints that coincide with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, this 864-piece set is a wonderful gift idea for space enthusiasts, adult LEGO fans, or any experienced builder. This awesome LEGO spaceship model comes with a display stand, a buildable mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts, plus 2 astronaut micro-figures to create a striking centerpiece in any room. Illustrated instructions are included, plus a 148-page booklet with fascinating ISS facts, information about the LEGO fan who created this space model kit, and the LEGO designer. The infinitely diverse array of LEGO Ideas sets are all created by LEGO fans and voted for by LEGO fans. Inspired by real life, action heroes, iconic movies, popular TV series, or totally original concepts, there is something to delight all ages.
- Challenge your construction skills with this #21321 LEGO Ideas ISS display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, poseable Canadarm2, and other authentic details to discover as you build.
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut micro-figures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects.
- Also includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator, the LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary.
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 882-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends.
- This ISS (International Space Station) building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby.
- This battery-free building set offers a stress-relieving, immersive, and fun creative experience. So zone out, find your building Zen, and enjoy some me-time constructing a wonderful display model!
- Thinking of buying this International Space Station model for a newcomer to LEGO sets? No worries. It comes with step-by-step instructions so they can take on this challenging build with confidence.
- Recommended for age 16+.
Here are a few more pictures of the set, showing it off from different angles. Just look at all those printed solar panels!
The #21321 LEGO Ideas International Space Station will be available at official LEGO stores and the Online LEGO Shop from February 1st 2020. Prices are as follows: US $69.99 – CA $99.99 – DE €69.99 – UK £64.99 – FR €59.99 – DK 549DKK (Euro pricing varies by country.) For more details, visit the LEGO Ideas section of the Online LEGO Shop.
There have been several space exploration related sets released under the LEGO CUUSOO/LEGO Ideas platform. The list includes the #21101 LEGO CUUSOO Hayabusa from 2012, the #21104 LEGO Ideas NASA Mars Science Laboratory from 2014, the #21309 LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V from 2017, and the #21312 LEGO Ideas Women of NASA also from 2017. All of these sets are now retired, so it was perfect timing for another space set. And you can also check out other sets originally submitted by LEGO fans under the LEGO Ideas section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the LEGO Ideas International Space Station set? Are you planning to add it to your collection? Do you have any of the other LEGO Ideas space sets? Which one is your favorite? Feel free to share your thought and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: