You might first want to check out 2012 LEGO Sets – See What’s Coming! That post will give you an overall picture of the 2012 LEGO sets. From there you can link to the particular themes you are interested in.
In this post I will list all of the sets in the LEGO NINJAGO theme. Please note that the images are not yet available, so I will describe them here as much as I can to give you a sense of what the sets look like. And if you are interested in the current selection of LEGO NINJAGO sets go here: LEGO NINJAGO
There is an overall new angle on the 2012 LEGO NINJAGO sets; the badguys are not skeletons, but snake-people. There are some amazing new minifig headgear, armor pieces, accessories and really cool lime-green cobras. One other nice piece is a 1×2 brick with brick-like façade. City and castle builders will love this!
There are 7 new sets revealed, 8 new spinners, 3 booster packs. The spinners themselves have an unusual attachment or insert – I’m not sure what purpose it serves; maybe it makes the minifigs more stable in the spinners? 😕
2012 LEGO NINJAGO Sets: (UPDATE! New NINJAGO pictures here!)
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9440: small set with white ninja, and what looks like a snake-shrine with lime-green cobras and some of those new 1x2s with the brick façade.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9441: giant red motorcycle with red ninja and one light-gray snake-guy.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9442: small blue jet (I assume it belongs to the blue snake-people, although I’m not positive). This set also has a small snake-shrine.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9443: lime-green helicopter of the snake-people. Spits out lime-green cobras. This set also includes one red ninja, and another guy in a black hood.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9444: black and yellow 4-wheel vehicle. I assume it belongs to the ninjas, because it is after a blue snake-guy minifigs with long tail instead of legs.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9445: lime-green 4-wheel vehicle with a scary snake front and long fangs. Also includes a white ninja on a small Star Wars-like speeder.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9446: (this is the largest set in this series) red and black ninja ship, with Sensei Wu, a couple of ninjas in kendo armor, and blue snake-people minifigs.
2012 LEGO NINJAGO Spinners: (UPDATE! Spinner pictures here!)
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9558: red ninja with dark-gray kendo helmet and samurai armor (from previous years). This set also comes with a small spinner arena set-up.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9561: Kai ZX – red ninja uniform, gold shoulder armor, new red ninja-hood, gold weapon, orange spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9562: Lasha (snake-guy) – lime body with red print, lime head, lime cobra-hood headgear, gold weapon, purple spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9563: Kendo Zane – white ninja uniform, dark-gray kendo helmet, samurai armor, gold weapon, white spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9564: Snappa (snake-guy) – white body with red print, red head, snake-head attachment, gold spear, lime spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9566: Samurai – red samurai uniform, dark gray samurai helmet (the old kind but with attached face-mask!), samurai armor, gold katana, dark-gray spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9567: Fang-Suei (snake-guy) – white body with red print, red snake head (not a regular minifig head), gold whip, red spinner.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9579: (includes 2 minifigs) black ninja with new ninja-hood, new shoulder armor, gold weapon, green spinner & light-gray snake-guy with black head, gray cobra-hood headgear, gold weapons.
2012 LEGO NINJAGO Booster Packs:
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9551: Kendo Cole – (black ninja uniform), weapons and cards.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9552: Lloyd Gamadon – (I’m not sure if this is a misprint for Lord Garmadon, or if it is a new character), weapons and cards.
- LEGO NINJAGO Set #9553: Jay-ZX – (blue ninja uniform), weapons and cards.
And that is the 2012 news for LEGO NINJAGO! Although I find the whole theme rather confusing (ninjas and choppers, and snake people???), but it seems it is popular with kids. I do find the theme exciting for all the minifig accessories and other unique elements, so I will definitely get some.
How do you like the new LEGO NINJAGO sets? Let me know what you think! 😉