It was just a couple of months ago when I first reported on the leaked images of the LEGO Series 6 Collectible Minifigures. And now here they are in their full high-resolution glory! And not just Series 6, but also Series 7! Both of these collectible minifigure series are scheduled to be released in 2012, although we will probably see Series 6 by the end of this year. (To see previous releases go here: LEGO Collectible Minifigs.)
LEGO Minifigures Series 6:
In the LEGO Minifigs Series 6 we have (click on the image for a larger view):
- Female Skater – LEGO must really like skaters as this is the 3rd one!
- Sleepy Boy – in PJs with teddy-bear. “Awww!”
- Spacewoman – pretty in pink! Even in space! 😀
- Roman Soldier – looong overdue! This minifig will be VERY popular!
- Robot – with a wind-up key in his back! Really retro!
- Celtic Warrior – nice sword!
- Butcher – I’m a vegetarian, so won’t comment… 😐
- Genie – and yes, he fits on top of the lamp! Yay!
- Leprechaun – very cute! Oh, and he also has a pot of gold!
- Flamenco Dancer – always nice to have another female fig!
- Bandit – great to have more badguys too!
- Statue of Liberty – just lovely! One of the best figs LEGO ever made!
- Mechanic – with groovy hair!
- Minotaur – really amazing!
- Surgeon – nice addition to the nurse from Minifigures Series 1!
- Alien – the gray kind! Scariest of all, according to UFO stories!
LEGO Minifigures Series 7:
Having a high-resolution image of a minifig series so long before the actual release date came as a total surprise! So feast your eyes on this lovely picture of the collectible minifigures Series 7! Let’s see what we got here:
- Punk Rocker – she can join the male punk-rocker from Series 4!
- Aztec Warrior – totally awesome!
- Scottish Bag-Piper – with man-skirt. 😉
- Space Marine – the armor is such a steal from Amazing Armory! 🙄
- Hippie – love the hair and the tie-dye shirt!
- Black Knight – with devilish red eyes and awesome armor details!
- Little Red Riding Hood – so sweet! Nice basket too!
- Poseidon – god of the seas!
- Office Guy – just your regular friendly nerd.
- Wedding Bride – yes, finally a flower-bunch minifigs can hold!
- Stunt Driver – red-white-blue suit. Kinda cool.
- Female Viking – nice helmet/hair combo!
- Tarzan Guy – that torso is going to be so useful!
- Bunny-Suit Guy – joins the previous costumed guys!
- Female Swimmer – yes, that medal is an accessory, not printed!
- Tennis Player – someone to pair-up with the previous tennis player!
All in all I would say I’m extremely pleased with these upcoming series of LEGO Collectible Minifigures! Some of them fit into my theory of giving previously released minifigs matching partner(s) or opponent(s) – like the tennis player and the punk rocker. And there are some really amazing surprises here as well! I can’t wait for 2012! Oh, wait; the world supposed to end next year. But at least I will have my favorite toys! 😀
You may also like to read our previous posts on the Collectible Minifigures:
Just increadible! There is not one minifigure in these series that I don’t like! When do you think will they be available?
Tony, Series 6 is scheduled to be released in January, and Series 7 in April. 🙂
WOW!! in my opinion, there are more parts that i can create almost ANYONE
These 2 series are full of gems! The minotaur, the roman, Lady Liberty, the Aztec warrior, the hippie, the office guy, the Scottish guy with the bagpipe! And I can go on and on! I just hate the mistery pack idea! Why can’t I just get the whole set without all the touchy-feely process? 🙁
Yeah, it is troublesome, isn’t it? On the positive side, ever since the collectible figs have been first released, I had improved my tactile skills significantly! 😆
Oh dear, I will not be able to hold off on a Roman legion any longer!
Yep, you better start saving up your $$$!
Oh no. Not another tennis player!!!!!!
Nick, we needed at least one other tennis player, otherwise the previous one would not have anyone to play with! It’s all right. But I agree; no more! 😉
Re: Little red riding hood. Does that mean that we can expect a big bad wolf in series 8? 😉 haha
Nick, I thought of the same thing when I saw her! I don’t know about a wolf coming, but there is definitely a big bad black bear in the 2012 forest police sets. Have you seen it?
No, I havent seen the bear. Is it nice? When I was a kid I was given a playmobil [can I even use that word on this lego-exclusive site 😉 ] medieval set that had a cloaked figure with violin and a dancing bear. Would love to do that in lego to add to the village. In fact a travelling medieval circus would be great fun – a juggler, a minifig on stilts, musician, and an actor with mask etc. Come on Lego start listening in on our blog 😉 We’ve got some good ideas going here 😉
Yes, PlayMobil is totally fine to talk about. It is my second favorite toy! 😀
Sounds like a great CUUSOO idea, I’d support it!
Ok just seen the bear. It looks brown 🙂 It could definitely do for a medieval bear 😉
Yeah, I think so too! 😀
About medieval bears:
and about the Amazing Armory steal, you know how i like that!
Yes, I can imagine!
Wow, that tennis player’s hairis going to be Extremely popular. Just like the blonde Beiber hair. 🙂
Good point, Quad! 😀
Admin do you know who the creators of the LEGO minifigures are?
Soccie, you mean which one of the LEGO designers designed them? 😕
Yes I do. Do you know?
I am so impatient for series 6. I have been calling all over the place and both target and Toys R us say they don’t have them in. I read somewhere that they were to go on sale today? Admin person, can you get any closerto when they should be on shelves in January.
Mike, I know what you mean! This is a very exciting series! Series 6 showed up in the online LEGO store today, however it is already sold out. Yeah! That was fast! Now they say new stock will ship in 30 days! 😥
As far as local stores, Toys’R’Us and Target are your best bet. And, yeah, it is worth to call them every day so you catch the Series 6 right away. Many people are doing the same, and jump right in their car as soon as they hear a new stock is in. There is a lot of competition for this series.
Also each store is different on when they get the new stock in. One thing that happened in many retail locations is that they have way overstocked on Series 5 for Christmas, and they don’t want to sell Series 6 just yet. So, if you have a store near you that did better with their inventory-management, they will likely put out Series 6 in earlier. Also, it is totally worth making friends at your local Toys’R’Us! Having a friend there looking out for you at times like this they can be a great asset! They can even put some aside for you! 😉
If you absolutely must have them right now and you don’t want to wait, you can also get them on BrickLink. Last time I checked there was at least one USA seller who had them in stock. Happy hunting! 😀
Anyone heard anything yet about Collectible Minifigs Series 8? I hope they continue the mythological theme and give us a one-eyed Cyclops or a Medusa with a head of snakes 😉 😀 Oh, an a Roman emperor or Centurion would be a nice follow on from the Roman footsoldier of series 6 😉
Nick, there has been absolutely no news on Series 8. I also hope the series will continue though! 😕
I like the black knight the best
WhiteFang on EuroBricks already has a review of series 7! https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/67132-review-8831-lego-collectable-minifigures-series-7/
Quad, yeah, I saw that! I can’t wait for this series! 😀
I am from the future, series 11 will destroy all series! muahahahahahaha!!!