(Written by Nathan K. – ntk743)
There are many ways to enjoy the LEGO hobby, and when you are away from your LEGO bricks one way you can continue playing is though LEGO apps. LEGO now has over 18 LEGO apps at the App Store. With a bunch of different themes, there should be at least one app that should meet your needs and provide loads of fun! Below I will share with you some of my favorite LEGO apps to give you an idea what is available:
LEGO Ninjago Rise of the Snakes LEGO App: Help the ninja of Ninjago battle the evil serpentine in this new game based on last year’s Ninjago: Spinjitzu Scavenger Hunt! This app is designed for both the iPhone and iPad, and is really fun! And it is free! See more details here: LEGO Ninjago Rise of the Snakes at the Apple Store
- Spin your way to victory in daily battle-challenges from warriors from all over the LEGO universe
- Fight as Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane and all your other favorite Ninjago characters
- Collect spinners, blades, shields and weapons to build the most powerful ninja in the world
- Challenge your friends to a duel against your ultimate ninja
- Explore 6 different battle-arena to unlock their secrets
- Fight against more than 75 challengers
LEGO Hero Factory LEGO App: The free Hero Factory app is basically a demo version of the web-based LEGO Hero Factory Breakout game, but it’s still fun. Designed for both the iPhone and iPad. Recommended ages 9+. More details here: LEGO Hero Factory at the Apple Store
- A hideous collection of villains and monsters have broken out of a high security prison contained within and have fled to all corners of the galaxy
- As the Heroes battle to capture the villains, it soon becomes apparent that the breakout is merely a way to distract the Heroes from the actions of the evil Black Phantom. He has stayed behind to destroy the Assembly Tower and has triggered an automatic shutdown of our core systems
- During combat, keep an eye out for weapon upgrades and collectables to boost your firepower and gain access to secret areas. Keep collecting and you could be rewarded with achievement codes for use in the full game
- Good luck – we are all relying on you…
LEGO Monster Fighters Race LEGO App: This is another free app by LEGO that is really fun. Lord Vampyre has gotten away with a valuable moonstone putting him one step closer to his dream of eclipsing the sun. He’s jumped into his hearse and is speeding away — the moonstone will be gone forever unless you can stop him! Designed for both the iPhone and iPad. Learn more here: LEGO Monster Fighters Race at the Apple Store
- Hunt down the evilest monsters in all of Monsterland in this high-speed chase to save the sunlight!
- Play as all of your favorite Monster Fighters racing on four different courses
- Are you quick enough to dodge the bats and spiders that The Werewolf summons to attack you?
- Are you agile enough to keep your car on course as your chase the mad scientist through hairpin turns?
- Are you fast enough to catch Lord Vampyre?
- Show off your skills as the fastest monster catcher in town!
LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker App: We have talked about this LEGO app before (see here: LEGO Movie Maker Contest) and many of you have tried it out already. Simple tools and guides make it easy to shoot, edit, even score your movie with music. Add one of the customizable title cards and share it online and who knows, you may have the next summer blockbuster in your hands…literally! Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices with camera. This app is also free. Read more here: LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker at the Apple Store
- Add and delete frames to your movie
- Choose from 5 different soundtracks
- Add a color-filter to the camera
- Customize one of 11 different title LEGO Super Heroes cards
- Save your movie to your camera roll then share with your friends
These are some of my favorite LEGO apps, but there is more! And LEGO is adding new ones all the time! If you would like to check them out, you can browse the Apple Store for more LEGO apps. On your Apple device you can just go to the App Store or iTunes, click on the search box, and type in THE LEGO GROUP. Download the apps you want!
What about you? Have you tried any of the LEGO apps before? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!
Also, I’m a KFOL (Kid-Fan-of-LEGO) and this is my third article at theBrickBlogger. You can see my previous posts here: The Future of LEGO Ninjago, LEGO Lord of the Rings Video Game Coming. My own website is: Ninja of Ninjago. Your comments and feedback are appreciated.
You may also like to check out the following related posts: