Although it is a bit early to talk about Christmas LEGO sets, I thought to let you know about the newest addition to the LEGO Winter Village Series early, as these sets tend to disappear real fast.
LEGO has started the tradition of releasing one Christmas LEGO set every year for the holidays. In 2009 we got the #10199 LEGO Winter Toy Shop, in 2010 the #10216 LEGO Winter Village Bakery, and in 2011 the #10222 LEGO Winter Village Post Office. And this year we get the #10229 LEGO Winter Village Cottage – the largest of the LEGO Christmas sets. A beautiful and worthy addition to the LEGO Winter Village series!
The official description of the LEGO Winter Village Cottage: Get cozy in the Winter Village Cottage! Continuing the LEGO Winter Series, build the Winter Village Cottage for a perfect holiday home. Seat Grandpa snugly by the fireplace with his newspaper as you help Dad to put up the tree, then bake a feast in the kitchen with Mom! When it’s time to stock up the storage shed with firewood, bring the kids for a ride with Dad on the sled watch him cut the wood with his chainsaw deep in the forest. When the snow gets really deep, clear the road with the snow-plow, take all of the kids skiing or build an igloo to play in. There’s no cozier place to spend long, frosty nights!
- Includes 8 minifigures: mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, 3 children and snowplow driver with assorted accessories
- Features cottage, storage shed, igloo, streetlamp, sled and snowplow
- Accessories include kitten, owl, fireplace with LEGO light-brick function, chandelier, Christmas tree, wreath, gifts, armchair, kitchen appliances and bed
- Storage shed features tools and firewood elements
- Igloo features fireplace and removable roof
- Rare elements and colors included
- Detach the snow-plow to store it in the back of the truck!
- Make the fireplace glow with the LEGO light brick!
- Decorate the cottage!
- Fetch firewood with the sled!
- Drive the snowplow!
- Cottage measures 6.7” (17cm) high, 9.8” (25cm) wide and 5.5” (14cm) deep
- Storage shed measures 4.3” (11cm) high, 2.7” (7cm) wide and 2.7” (7cm) deep
- Igloo measures 2.7” (7cm) high, 2.7” (7cm) wide and 2.7” (7cm) deep
- Snowplow measures 2.7” (7cm) high, 7” (18cm) long (with plow attached) and 2.3” (6cm) wide
And here is a great video LEGO designer Jamie Berard introducing the new Christmas LEGO set with all of its sweet details:
The LEGO Winter Village Cottage is currently available at the Online LEGO Shop. Please note that this is a LEGO exclusive set, meaning it is only going to be available directly from LEGO. If you are planning to get one I suggest you do it now, before it runs out. Also, if you are missing the previous Winter Village sets you are in luck because LEGO just re-added the #10216 LEGO Winter Village Bakery and the #10222 LEGO Winter Village Post Office. You can find all three sets here: BUY WINTER VILLAGE SETS
What do you think of the new LEGO Christmas set? Are you planning to get it? Have you been collecting the series? Share your thoughts in the comment section below! And you might also like to check out the following related posts:
- LEGO Christmas Sets Available Now! (list of LEGO Christmas sets)
- LEGO Christmas Winter Village Post Office (video)