LEGO has started a Christmas tradition a few years back of releasing a highly detailed Winter Village set for each holiday season. In 2009 we got the #10199 LEGO Winter Toy Shop, in 2010 the #10216 LEGO Winter Village Bakery, in 2011 the #10222 LEGO Winter Village Post Office, and in 2012 the #10229 LEGO Winter Village Cottage. This year we get another beautiful set in the series, the #10235 LEGO Winter Village Market. 🙂
Although it is a bit early to talk about Christmas, the LEGO Winter Village Market is currently available for LEGO VIP members (make sure you join, it is free, and you get perks like this) before the official release of October 1st. It’s not always necessary to be the first kid on the block to have a particular LEGO set, but with limited release exclusives like the Winter Village Series and other seasonal sets it is a good idea to get them early, as they tend to disappear fast and you may not have the chance to get them before Christmas. 😕
So let’s check out the LEGO Winter Village Market in more detail. First, here is the official description: Collect and create a fun festive scene with the Winter Village Market! Bring home the holiday spirit with the Winter Village Market, continuing the popular LEGO Winter Village Series. Turn the handle and take a ride on the rocking horse as the carousel spins! Visit the carnival booth. Fill up on holiday and fair favorites including a pie, pretzel and croissant at the baker’s stand, chicken and sausage at the grill stand or sweet treats at the candy shop. Celebrate a holiday season full of traditions and building with the Winter Village Market! Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children. 1261 pieces. PRICE: $99.99 – BUY HERE
- Includes 9 minifigures with accessories: 3 females, 2 males and 4 children
- Features functioning carousel and operator’s booth with moving bucket challenge, baker’s stand, grill stand, candy stand, 2 streetlamps, 3 trees, a bench and 3 tables
- Accessories include cups, teddy bear, a cat, scarf, purse and lots of food elements
- Carousel horses feature new ornamental headwear design
- Turn the handle to make the carousel rotate
- Take a ride on the carousel
- Watch the carousel horses really rock!
- Fill up on holiday treats at the bakery, grill and candy stands!
- Carousel and operator’s booth measure 7″ (19cm) high, 10″ (25cm) wide and 6″ (16cm) deep
- Booths measure over 3″ (9cm) high, 3″ (8cm) wide and 1″ (4cm) deep
- Combine with #10229 Winter Village Cottage for an even bigger winter scene!
And here is a great video LEGO designer Astrid from Denmark, introducing the new Christmas LEGO set with all of its sweet details:
As I have mentioned, the LEGO Winter Village Market is available early for LEGO VIP members at the Online LEGO Shop. Make sure you are signed in with your VIP login details, otherwise you won’t be able to access the page until October 1st, the official release date. Please note that this is a LEGO exclusive set, meaning it is only going to be available directly from LEGO. Also, last year’s Christmas LEGO set, the LEGO Winter Village Cottage has been re-listed, so if you haven’t gotten it yet, this is likely your last chance. And this year’s LEGO Advent Calendars are also available. You can find them here: SHOP FOR WINTER VILLAGE & CHRISTMAS SETS
For your viewing please here is the whole LEGO Winter Village series, including: #10199 LEGO Winter Toy Shop, #10216 LEGO Winter Village Bakery, #10222 LEGO Winter Village Post Office, #10229 LEGO Winter Village Cottage, and #10235 LEGO Winter Village Market.
What do you think of the new LEGO Christmas set? Are you planning to get it? Have you been collecting the series? Which one is your favorite so far? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: