Architect Jeffrey Pelletier has amassed a collection of a quarter of a million LEGO pieces in the basement of his family’s 1902 Seattle home. He completely remodeled this old house, including the basement that now serves as a LEGO room and media room. A great place for Jeffrey to work on his architectural models and to play with his kids. I love seeing LEGO spaces like this! So serene and peaceful, yet so inviting for creativity! 🙂
The 250,000 LEGO pieces are organized in 153 IKEA bins and 189 Sterilite drawers in a custom-built shelving-system that is placed around the room. This allows floor-to-ceiling organization and leaves plenty of open space in the middle for building. Watch the video to see how Jeffrey organizes all those gold bricks, yellow heads, countless gears and more.
Even if you don’t have this amount of LEGO, or a dedicated LEGO room right now, it is a good idea keep whatever you have organized. This allows you to display your masterpieces nicely, and also to find all the pieces you need when you are building. Various binds and drawers are readily available at department stores, and they are not very expensive. If you don’t want to drive around looking for bins, you can also take advantage of Amazon, which has a large selection of storage solution for LEGO fans, including the Sterilite drawers featured in the video. Below are some links where you can find them:
- LEGO STORAGE DRAWERS BY STERILITE
- LEGO STORAGE UNITS FROM IRIS
- LEGO STORAGE CABINETS BY ACRO-MILS
- LEGO STORAGE BINS & SHELVES BY IKEA
So what do you think? How do you like this LEGO room? And what kind of storage and display system are you using for LEGO? Feel free to share your own solutions in the comment section below! 😉
You might also like to check out the Care & Feed of LEGO section for more storage and display ideas or select from the following related posts:
- New LEGO Storage & Sorting Boxes Review
- BrickRack – LEGO Display for Minifigs & More
- LEGO Minifigure Display & Storage Ideas
- Building a LEGO Room – A DIY Project
- Building a LEGO Closet – A DIY Project
- LEGO Minifigure Display – A DIY Project
- LEGO Minifigure Display Cases with Style!
- The Ideal LEGO Room: Build a LEGO Wall!
- What is the Best Way to Store Your LEGO?
- What is the Best Way to Sort Your LEGO?
- LEGO Organization: the Portable Solution
- LEGO Storage: LEGO Sort & Store Head