Back in 2010, there was a viral video titled The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told, summarizing the tale of the original Star Wars trilogy. It was narrated by a fast-talking kid over a really good LEGO Star Wars stop-motion animation. The video got over 11 million views, and is still popular with both LEGO fans and Star Wars fans. A year later, there was a second video with the same kid as the narrator, retelling the story of the three newer films. You can watch both videos here: The Entire Star Wars Saga in 5 Minutes! 🙂
We haven’t heard from the LEGO Star Wars kid for a long time now, but recently, LEGO shared a similarly produced video on their YouTube channel and on their social-media pages. Here, another not-as-fast-talking kid tells the story of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, but instead of using traditional stop-motion animation, the video is digitally produced in the style of other LEGO animated films. While it doesn’t have the charm of the original two videos, it is still pretty fun to watch (see below).
At the end of the video, there is a reference to the availability of the Star Wars – Episode VIII: The Last Jedi on DVD/Blu-ray. The digital version of the movie became available on March 13, and the DVD/Blu-ray version is available from today, March 27. The film is packaged several different ways to ensure fans get the most out of their home viewing experience. This release also marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio. The home release also comes with a number of bonus features (please note that bonus features may vary by territory, format and retailer):
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie, and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Also, remember all the awesome new LEGO Star Wars sets related to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi film, which you can find at the.
What do you think? How did you like the Star Wars: The Last Jedi movie? And what do you think of the LEGO version of the film? Are you planning to get the DVD so you can re-watch the movie? How do you think it compares to the previous episodes? And what do you think will come next in the story? Feel free to share your thoughts and your own reviews in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: