To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the minifigure, LEGO collected and sent out various assets to LEGO fan sites to enjoy and share with their communities. The original date when the first minifig patent was registered in Denmark was August 29th 1977, however, the first minifigures weren’t launched until 1978. So far, we have looked at LEGO minifigure variations and prototypes through the years (see: The Story of the LEGO Minifigure – Part 1), and the moulds used for making LEGO minifigure parts (see: The Story of the LEGO Minifigure – Part 2), and today, we will look at some sketches by LEGO minifig designers. Enjoy! 🙂
➡ LEGO MINIFIG SKETCHES BY ALEXANDRE BOUDON:
➡ LEGO MINIFIG SKETCHES BY AUSTIN CARLSON:
➡ LEGO MINIFIG SKETCHES BY CHRIS BONVEN:
➡ LEGO MINIFIG SKETCHES BY MATTHEW ASHTON:
➡ LEGO MINIFIG SKETCHES BY TARA WIKE:
It’s really wonderful to see how design ideas for LEGO minifigs come to life, isn’t it? What do you think? How do you like these minifig sketches? Did you notice any interesting details? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts:
- The Story of the LEGO Minifigure – Part 1
- The Story of the LEGO Minifigure – Part 2
- LEGO 60th Anniversary Sets & Promotions
- 60 Years of the LEGO Brick Anniversary Set
- The Origins & Predecessors of LEGO Bricks
- The Secret World of LEGO – Documentary
- All Basic LEGO Bricks in My Day – Is It True?
- How Much Do You Know About LEGO?