All aboard! Today, LEGO announced the arrival of the #71044 LEGO Disney Train and Station set! Below are the press release with set description, pricing, availability, and other details. Look through the information and let’s discuss!
LEGO brick and Disney fans alike will be able to build their very own scale version of the famous steam-powered locomotives as seen at Disney theme parks around the world with the new #71044 LEGO Disney Train and Station. Each of the cars has room for several minifigures to sit. The parlor car features rich interior detailing including armchairs, tables complete with flower vases, and a small tea set. The train measures an impressive 77cm when all the carriages are connected making it the perfect size for the 16-piece track.
The set also comes with LEGO Powered Up elements, concealed within the tender car, and classic LEGO magnetic couplers to connect the carriages and move the train. The train has app-controlled functionality, meaning builders can use their smart phone or tablet to drive the train forward, reverse, and emit realistic sound effects. The Disney Parks-inspired train station features miniature locomotives and picture frames with details inspired by the actual stations. Inside the station you will also find an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise! The train station measures over 39cm high and 35cm long giving the perfect backdrop for the LEGO Disney train.
Here is the official description of the set: Celebrate the magic with the LEGO Disney Train and Station! Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the #71044 LEGO Disney Train and Station. Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale, and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks-style station building. This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smart phone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward or reverse, and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot, and cup. And the fun doesn’t end there! Inside the toy train station building there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier, and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!
- Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale, and Goofy minifigures.
- The LEGO Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car, and an iconic station building.
- Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smoke stack and a driver’s cab.
- Tender contains a #88009 LEGO Powered Up Hub and a #88011 LEGO Powered Up Train Motor.
- Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO Powered Up app.
- Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Passenger car has seating for the LEGO Disney minifigures.
- Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot, and cup.
- Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
- Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO Disney surprise.
Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO magnetic couplings.
- This LEGO building toy includes 2,925 pieces.
- The LEGO Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 30” (78cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- The LEGO Disney train station building measures over 15” (39cm) high, 14” (36cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
- The oval rail track diameter measures over 37” (96cm) long and 27” (70cm) wide.
- Recommended for ages 12+.
Here are some additional pictures of the interior, showing some of the decorations, accessories, and minifigures. Note the cute little model trains, the partially hidden 2×3 printed Disney Castle tile, and the roof decorations made with black droid legs and handcuffs!
The #71044 LEGO Disney Train and Station will be available for LEGO VIP members on August 21st with a wider release on September 1st. Prices are as follows: US $329.99 – CA $379.99 – DE €329.99 – UK £299.99 – FR €329.99 – DK 2499DKK (Euro pricing varies by country). To purchase the set visit the LEGO Disney section of the Online LEGO Shop.
The #71044 LEGO Disney Train and Station is not just a complete set in itself, but it can also make an excellent addition to the #71040 LEGO Disney Castle. Plus, it has plenty of seats for other Disney minifigs and Disney theme park guests to take a ride. What do you think? How do you like the LEGO Disney Train and Station set? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: