Introducing the latest LEGO Technic thunderbolt, the #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 supercar! Full press-release below.
Today, the LEGO Group and Automobili Lamborghini unveiled the eagerly awaited #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 in true style. The show-stopping reveal featured all the suspense, emotion and excitement of a supercar launch event – but was miniature in scale and powered entirely by LEGO Technic elements.
The star of the show, 1:8 scale LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 embodies the unrivalled power, visionary design and futuristic elegance of the limited-edition Italian super sports car. First presented at Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2019, only 63 of the full-sized Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 models are being produced, making this 3,696-piece replica the ultimate collector’s item for luxury car lovers and LEGO fans looking for their next building challenge.
Boasting a vivid lime-green color and elegant golden rims, the model measures over 5” (13cm) high, 23” (60cm) long, and 9” (25cm) wide. This one-of-a-kind model is the ultimate addition to any LEGO collection.
A SHOWSTOPPING REVEAL
In a feat of engineering excellence, the stunning #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 made an explosive entrance worthy of any true super sports car – in the LEGO Group’s first 1:8 scale launch.
From the elegance of the setting and futuristic lighting, to the energy-charged reveal of the car’s unmistakable silhouette, the experience was crafted entirely from LEGO Technic pieces, showing that with LEGO Technic, you can build whatever you can imagine.
The unveil was shown globally to give luxury car fans and LEGO lovers the chance to experience the magic and emotion of a real super sports car launch. The video of the reveal and the making of story can be viewed here.
A DESIGN AHEAD OF ITS TIME
The LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 embodies the unmistakable power and stunning looks of the Lamborghini Sián both in design and in style. The super sports car’s futuristic features are recreated in elaborate and authentic detail, bringing proud owners closer to the real model than they could ever imagine. These immersive touches include a replica of the Lamborghini Sián’s incomparable V12 engine, a rear spoiler that pops up like the real thing, front and rear suspension, and steering powered by a wheel adorned with the Automobili Lamborghini emblem.
In true Lamborghini style, the model also boasts scissor doors, which open to reveal the perfectly recreated cockpit. Inside, the car’s luxurious interior has been intricately recreated with a fully functioning 8-speed sequential gearbox triggered by a movable paddle gearshift.
Speaking about the visionary design, Niels. B. Christiansen, LEGO Group CEO, said: “This new model truly encapsulates the pursuit of excellence embedded in the DNA of both Automobili Lamborghini and the LEGO Group. Both the 1:8 model and the reveal itself are feats of engineering innovation, pulled off by incredibly talented teams from across our two businesses. The LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 is a true testament that with LEGO Technic, you can build anything your heart desires. I can’t wait to build this authentic replica of this futuristic super sports car for real.”
“The LEGO brick is an icon in the same way as a Lamborghini super sports car,” said Stefano Domenicali, CEO and Chairman of Automobili Lamborghini. “They both embody the pursuit of design perfection through constant research and development, create different emotions with every interaction, and are valued by generations. Each Lamborghini super sports car can be unique thanks to our Ad Personam personalization program and the specific driving style of each owner, just as LEGO bricks provide builders of all ages with endless possibilities for creation. This outstanding replica of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 from the LEGO Group presents a brilliant new building experience for both super sports car fans and LEGO enthusiasts and Lamborghini is privileged to share in this opportunity with the LEGO Group.”
To make the building experience as thrilling and immersive as a spin behind the wheel of the real car, proud owners can also pop open the front hood to discover a stylish Lamborghini overnight bag and a unique serial number that unlocks special content at LEGO.com/Lamborghini-Sian.
An exclusive series of 13 videocasts featuring Automobili Lamborghini and LEGO experts can also be accessed through QR codes in two coffee-table style collectors’ booklets that accompany the model. As fans work through the comprehensive building instructions, these videocasts delve deep into the inspiration behind different stages of the design. However, it is not just the building experience that is totally unique: the LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 comes shrouded in a unique box inspired by the iconic lines, signature headlight silhouette and eye-catching color of the original Lamborghini Sián.
ENGAGING BUILD AND STUNNING DISPLAY PIECE
Experience the unmistakable power and looks of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 as you become immersed in building the #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37. With superb detailing, the model car is a faithful representation of the original Sián FKP 37 in eye-catching lime green with golden rims.
THE BEAUTY IS IN THE DETAILS
Authentic features include the 8-speed transmission, activated by the movable paddle gearshift, V12 engine with moving pistons, and 4-wheel drive. Use the steering wheel to position the car, then check out the front and rear suspension. Just like the full-size super sports car, this model car features classic scissor opening doors.
- This buildable car set lets you enjoy quality downtime as you bring the beautiful Sián FKP 37 to life. Presented in a luxury box, it includes an exclusive coffee-table-quality book with building instructions, images, and behind-the-scenes interviews. Open the hood to discover your unique serial number and unlock special online content.
- Enjoy immersive building with the #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37. Then explore the car’s faithful features, including V12 engine with moving pistons, steering, and front and rear suspension.
- With an 8-speed sequential transmission, movable rear spoiler, opening front and rear hood, detailed disc brakes and golden rims, this LEGO Technic set brings you closer than ever to the real Lamborghini Sián FKP 37.
- Designed especially for super sports car fans, with superb detailing, this advanced LEGO Technic construction set comes with a decorative display plate and unique serial number to unlock exclusive online content.
- A rewarding building project for you, or a special birthday present or holiday gift for a loved one. This LEGO set is presented in exclusive luxury packaging and provides a stunning display piece to own and enjoy.
- In a vivid lime green color scheme, with golden rims and decorated elements, this 1:8 scale buildable model car measures over 5” (13cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.
- Powered by passion! No batteries are required for this LEGO Technic set, so you can get stuck into your immersive building project right away.
- Exclusive collectors’ booklet featuring comprehensive building instructions, images and behind-the-scenes interviews from the two teams that worked on this project: the LEGO Group and Automobili Lamborghini.
- With elegant designs and realistic functions, LEGO Technic sets offer a rewarding build and models packed with impressive features.
- LEGO Technic sets meet the highest industry standards, which ensures the elements connect easily.
- LEGO Technic sets are thoroughly tested to make sure they meet the highest global safety and quality standards.
ABOUT AUTOMOBILI LAMBORGHINI
Founded in 1963, Automobili Lamborghini is headquartered in Sant’Agata Bolognese, in Northern Italy. Lamborghini currently produces two super sports car models, the V12-powered Aventador, launched in 2011, and the V10-powered Huracán, launched in 2014, along with the Urus Super SUV powered by a twin-turbo V8 engine, launched in 2017. With 165 dealerships throughout the world, the company has seen global sales growth for the last nine consecutive years, with 8,205 cars delivered in 2019. Over half a century Automobili Lamborghini created a continuous series of dream cars, including the 350 GT, Miura, Espada, Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, as well as limited editions such as the Reventón, Sesto Elemento, Veneno and the Centenario. With the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 unveiled in 2019, a few-off build of only 63 units, the company delivers unique new hybrid technologies, featuring the world-first application of a super capacitor for hybridization, new materials technology, and unsurpassed Lamborghini performance.
The #42115 LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 will be available directly from LEGO from June 1st, then in many retailers globally from August 1, 2020. Prices are as follows: US $379.99 – CA $489.99 – DE €379.99 – UK £349.99 – FR €379.99 – DK 2899DKK (Euro pricing varies by country). For more information on this set, visit the LEGO Technic section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the new LEGO Technic supercar? Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: