Back in December of last year, we discussed a new experience available through the LEGO Building Instruction app, called Build Together. This innovative feature opened a new dimension of interactive building, designed to multiply play value while turning LEGO building into a social, cooperative activity that both families and friends could enjoy together (see: LEGO Building Instruction App – Build Together).
To recap, Build Together allows up to five people to build a LEGO set together. Each builder needs their own smart device with the LEGO Building Instructions app already installed. Players then have to scan the QR code on the physical building instructions booklet to join together as a team. Once everyone has joined the session they can start building together!
When Build Together was launched, only six sets supported the interactive experience. However, recently LEGO added sixteen more sets to the lineup. Below is the full list:
- #10270 LEGO Creator Expert Bookshop
- #31097 LEGO Creator 3-in-1 Townhouse Pet Shop & Café
- #41703 LEGO Friends Friendship Tree House
- #41702 LEGO Friends Canal Houseboat
- #43203 LEGO Disney Aurora, Merida and Tiana’s Enchanted Creations
- #60291 LEGO City Family House
- #60292 LEGO City Town Center
- #60302 LEGO City Wildlife Rescue
- #60307 LEGO City Rescue Camp
- #60316 LEGO City Police Station
- #60317 LEGO City Police Chase at the Bank
- #60320 LEGO City Fire Station
- #60329 LEGO City School Day
- #60330 LEGO City Hospital
- #60350 LEG City Lunar Research Base
- #71776 LEGO Ninjago Jay and Nya’s Race Car EVO
- #75322 LEGO Star Wars Hoth AT-ST
- #76183 LEGO DC Super Heroes Batcave: The Riddler Face-off
- #80032 LEGO Monkie Kid Chang’e Moon Cake Factory
- #80033 LEGO Monkie Kid Evil Macaque’s Mech
- #80034 LEGO Monkie Kid Nezha’s Fire Ring
- #80035 LEGO Monkie Kid’s Galactic Explorer
What do you think? Have you tried the Build Together feature already? How do you like it? And are you excited about the new sets added to the experience? What other sets would you like to build with your friends and family? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts:
I meant to try this, but then I never did. Is there a reason they can’t offer this service for all sets? I’m glad they expanded it though.
We tried this during the Christmas break. We noticed some glitches, but other than that, it worked okay.
Oh, cool! The monkie kid sets were added! I just got the galactic explorer.
Off topic, but did you guys see that the new city grocery store has a dude with a prosthetic leg?! I thought that was really cool.
Oh, really? I want to check that out. What’s the set number? I was happy to see the wheel chair and hearing aid released in the last couple of years. Great that they are doing this.
We tried with the tree house recently and with the family house shortly after launch.
It did glitch on us with the older version too. At some point only one person built a large portion of the set, and that was not so great.
In that regard, they did improve the app, but I would still recommend exchanging the phones/tablets for more variety. I would wish for it to do that by itself. For example, we built the tree house with two builders and it ended up that one of us would keep making only small things in advance. But since you can just swap devices, it’s less of an issue than not having any tasks left at all.
We do would wish for more grown up sets and maybe technic, because we would want to include it as an alternative to a board game night with friends.
Is this list available on a Lego website, or, I don’t know, a searchable attribute inside the Lego builder app