Here is a bit of exciting news from the LEGO Ambassador Network! LEGO is currently looking for product designers from the adult LEGO fans community! The Design Management Team specifically reached out to the AFOL Engagement Team to let adult LEGO fans know that they are hiring and are interested in sharing this announcement and other future announcements directly with AFOLs. Below are the details of the current opportunity, as well as some useful links in case you or someone you know is interested.
Are you an experienced designer who loves to sketch, prototype, develop and build play experiences? Do you understand the LEGO System in Play and would like to develop further in it? Join us in our international, creative headquarters in Billund/Denmark. Together we shape the future of play for kids and adults all over the world!
Developing compelling products with our LEGO Brick. To do so, you will be:
- Conceptualizing and ideating by bringing stories, themes, and concepts to life and maturing them into new products and play experiences
- Translating a brief inspired from content material or another reference into playable moments for kids
- Using storytelling to explain model features, play patterns, or rich story details
- Taking the product from rough concept to maturing it for manufacturing
- Learning and understanding relevant target audience insights and implementing accordingly into own and team products – creating a strong collaboration with key partners and colleagues
- Supporting a “Succeed Together” approach by collaborating with different disciplines, actively leaning in, and supporting a strong team spirit characterized by openness and trust
PLAY YOUR PART IN OUR TEAM SUCCEEDING
LEGO Design is the home of more than 400 designers from various backgrounds and our nucleus of innovation. Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. As children shape their own worlds with LEGO bricks, we play our part in having a positive impact on the world they live in today and will inherit in the future.
The LEGO Design Organization in Billund is an international, dynamic, creative, and collaborative environment. No two projects are the same, and they all require different needs and expertise.
You will be an integral part of our design team and an expert practitioner who collaborates with different design disciplines to build amazing product experiences.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- You have built LEGO models for specific target audiences, not just for your own pleasure
- You enjoy collaborating with designers from different disciplines
- You combine solid visualization skills with an aesthetic talent, a firm grasp of the design process, strong skills in sketching (digital/analog) and key creative software programs e.g. Adobe and other 3D Software
- You have acquired knowledge in child development, and are keen to grow your skills in kids’ needs and play patterns
- You have strong communication skills to pitch concept ideas – both verbally and visually
- You possess a high level of self-motivation and time management to reach deadlines
Please share three things with us: 1. Your best LEGO builds 2. Your CV, and 3. A short motivational letter. The maximum upload size per file is 2 MB. General portfolio(s) and additional files can be shared via a link clearly highlighted in the motivational letter. Applications without a portfolio and in any other language than English will not be taken into consideration.
JOIN THE GLOBAL LEGO TEAM
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programs run by local teams where you are based
- Colleague Discount – We know you’ll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
- Your Workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with the flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility, and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity, and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe and valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g., race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Well-Being across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to participate in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer. Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group! If you’re interested, you can apply at the following link, and I also added a couple of other links that you might find helpful:
What do you think? Are you interested in becoming a LEGO designer? Or do you know someone? Is there anything else you would like to know about the opportunity? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!