LEGO contests are always a fun and exciting challenge! Not to speak of earning some bragging rights! Oh, and there are prizes too! Today I would like to share with you one contest that is created not only with LEGO in mind, however LEGO fans are warmly invited to participate. 😛
I have been contacted by Joshua from FutureAdvisor.com (the organizers of the contests) just to let our readers know about this fun event. He said: “We’re offering over $2000 in prizes for a new and novel take on the old fashioned piggy-bank. Naturally, we want the most creative entries possible, so we’re reaching out to the LEGO community since they have the most creative people.”
Interested? The idea is simple: build a better piggy-bank! Of course here we are talking about the potential of building your pig out of LEGO, but since this is not a LEGO-only contest you can of course use other materials. Below is a sample video of a contest entry and details from the contest page:
The iconic piggy-bank existed decades before the first computer, before the first 401k, and before money went digital. FutureAdvisor asks you: How can you make the piggy-bank better? Maybe your “ham of a bank” includes a dollar bill ingester like a vending machine. Maybe your particular pig has wheels and cruises around the city? We’re looking for creative, awesome, and exciting renditions of the classic bank. We don’t even care if it’s a pig, it just needs to pay homage to the classic saving swine. We’re looking for makers, hackers, doers, sculptors, engineers and generally awesome people to build a better piggy-bank. Whether it’s steam-punky or rubber ducky, show us what you got!
➡ CONTEST PRIZES: First Prize: $1000, Second Price: $500, Third Prize: $250, Staff Pick: $250. Very generous if I might say so! 🙄
➡ CONTEST RULES:
- Your piggy-bank must store currency. It doesn’t matter if it’s Bitcoin, Pennies, or Francs. It must retain the primary function of a piggy-bank, which is to save money. You should show that in your video or pictures.
- No animal cruelty. Making your pet pig eat a bunch of pennies isn’t just bad for the next person to get those pennies, it’s bad for your pig. Let’s be good to our animal friends.
- Feel free to use any medium you’d like to make your bank. Don’t be afraid to push the limits. Cake, LEGO, wood, paper or whatever you like: It’s all fair game.
- Before April 1st you’ll need to deliver pictures or a video of your piggy bank in action. We want to see it working in the most illustrative way possible.
- The winner of the contest will be determined by who gets the most votes, so your presentation is extremely important. Readers are interested not just in the product, but how you made it. We’ll be featuring all of the pictures and videos on our blog.
➡ HOW TO ENTER CONTEST: You can send your submissions to Pigs@FutureAdvisor.com. For full details and if you have questions visit the contest page: Build A Better Piggy-Bank Contest (UPDATE: this link is no longer active.)
As you can see there is not much time to submit your LEGO contest entry, so better start planning and building if you would like to enter! Also, please share this contest opportunity with others in the LEGO community as it seems LEGO fans are not aware of it and there is little time left. What do you think? Are you planning to enter? Share your thoughts below! 😉
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: