Back in May of this year, the LEGO Ideas team announced (see links at the end of this post) that the Dinosaurs Fossils Skeletons Natural History Collection by French LEGO fan Jonathan Brunn (a.k.a. Mukkinn) was approved to become an official LEGO set. And now, we can finally see what the set will look like! Below are the details of the #21320 LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set. Enjoy!
Here is the official description of the set: Learn about life on Earth millions of years ago and create a stunning centerpiece with this collectible #21320 LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils building kit for adults. This 910-piece set offers an immersive, creative building experience for natural history enthusiasts who will appreciate the authentic details of the two dinosaur skeleton models (Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops) and the pterosaur reptile (Pteranodon) skeleton model. The models are built to 1:32 scale, can be adjusted into lifelike poses, and each one comes with its own stand so they can be placed alongside the included sapiens skeleton figure for a museum-style display. To complete the set, there’s also a paleontologist minifigure with various accessories for imaginative role-play fun. All in all, this archaeology set makes a great dinosaur gift for adults to build solo or to share their passion for natural history with family and friends.
- A wonderfully detailed dinosaur fossils set featuring buildable, posable, 1:32 scale models of Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, and Pteranodon skeletons, each with display stands to create LEGO style natural history museum exhibits.
- Also includes a sapiens skeleton figure with a display stand, and a paleontologist minifigure with a buildable crate, plus dinosaur egg, bone, hat, and book elements for creative role-play.
- This collectible LEGO Ideas dinosaur set includes 910 pieces for an immersive, rewarding building experience.
- New to LEGO building? Don’t worry. This paleontologist kit comes with a booklet featuring easy-to-follow building instructions, fascinating facts about the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, and Pteranodon, and information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
- Makes a wonderful paleontologist gift for LEGO builders aged 16+ and anyone with a passion for natural history and dinosaurs.
- The pterosaur and dinosaur skeleton models make an eye-catching display. The T. rex skeleton is the biggest of the 3, measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long.
- Includes 910 pieces.
- Recommended for ages 16+.
Here are a few more close-up pictures of the three skeletons. I see some interesting pieces and building techniques, so this will be a good set for learning skeleton building.
The #21320 LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set will be available directly from official LEGO stores and the Online LEGO Shop on November 1st. Prices are as follows: US $59.99 – CA $79.99 – DE €59.99 – UK £54.99 – FR €59.99 – DK 549DKK – AUD $99.99 (Euro pricing varies by country). For more pictures and other details, visit the LEGO Ideas section of the Online LEGO Shop.
What do you think? How do you like the #21320 LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils set? Are you planning to get it when it gets released next month? Which dino skeleton do you like the most? How are you planning to display them? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts: