The LEGO Technic team is looking to get your for feedback! And as you will see, this is not the typical type of survey that you normally see from LEGO. Instead, they are directly asking for your thoughts on future products. If you ever had ideas like, “I wish LEGO would make this machine, robot, train, spaceship, excavator, etc. into a set!” this is your chance to share your idea.
You can share your ideas via the linked survey. It’s only eleven questions, so it shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to complete it. The survey is open until March 7th, so make sure you fill it out by then. Also, feel free to share it with other LEGO Technic enthusiasts. Below, I have copied the questions so you can see what to expect in the survey, and also that we can discuss the topics here. And when you’re ready to fill out the survey, go here: LEGO TECHNIC PRODUCT SURVEY
- If you could choose, what 3 IPs/brands would you like to have in the LEGO Technic portfolio?
- What types of vehicles should we do more of in LEGO Technic (ex: boats, super cars, helicopters, excavators etc.)?
- Which LEGO Technic vehicle and which price point you would like to see (please state only one top choice).
- If not vehicles, what would you like to see from the LEGO Technic platform?
- What is the trigger point for you to purchase LEGO Technic? (Technology, Control+, new elements, new color, famous IP/brand, building experience, using the LEGO Technic system for your own creations, or other.
- Please leave a comment if you selected “other” in the question above.
- Will technology (for example, Control+) increase the likelihood of your LEGO Technic purchase?
- Why or why not?
- What are some improvement areas you see for your experience with the LEGO Technic Control+ platform?
- What kind of technologies would you like to see in LEGO Technic?
- Do you see clear connection between our “Build for Real” communication (like the video below) and product offerings?
What do you think? Are you excited that the LEGO Technic team is asking for ideas? What kind of sets would you like to see in the LEGO Technic line? Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below!
And you might also like to check out the following related posts:
I’ve seen this survey posted in a few places, but I haven’t seen any source for it. How do we know that this is a legit survey from Lego?
James, the information was shared directly from the LEGO Technic team via the LEGO Ambassador Network. It’s as legit as it can get. 😉
Admin is a Lego ambassador. She gets info directly from Lego.
I’d like to see working mechanical sets. Like engines, power plants, submarines, and more sets like the bucket wheel excavator. I don’t care for the app.
I just want them to bring back B-models for every set. Thank you.
Ditch the app. Give us a real remote! And I would love to get some kinetic sculptures!
How about a working printing press? Or a Lego molding machine? Technic could do so much more than cars!
I fear that the questions in the survey are leading too much. They ask about what licenses we want. I don’t want licenses. I want good Technic sets for a reasonable price.
And they ask too many questions about the app. I don’t want the app either. I want working sets with onboard controls or a simple remote.
Exactly! And do you guys know what the last question is asking about? What is build for real?
Seems to be some advertisement drive…
Build for Real refers to Technic sets that are based on real vehicles. Basically, they are licensed. 🙂
I would love to see a working steam engine, trains, and mining equipment. They don’t have to be specific to a licenser.
What about a GBC build. For the uninitiated that means great ball contraption. I would love LEGO to make one. They could even release a series of sets with different units that can be connected together.
Anyway, I (probably futilely) requested bringing back studded System Technic pieces and to have more sets like the old 8020 and 8860 sets. While the studless designs are cool, I still have a hard time reasoning about them and would prefer to at least have the option of building with studded beams.
James, good point. I haven’t even thought of that, but yes, it seems like Technic pieces with studs are now more part of regular sets than actual Technic sets.
I just want to see more trucks, like big monster trucks, and working commercial vehicle trucks. How about a Peterbilt?