Booo! Be scared! The #10228 LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House has been just revealed by LEGO! Whether you are into ghosts, vampires and other creatures of the night, or not, you have to admit; this latest addition to the LEGO Monster Fighters series is a gorgeous building in its own right. In fact, it appears to me that it would go perfectly well with the LEGO Modular Buildings. Perhaps as the haunted house down the street? 😈
Here are the details of the #10228 LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House from LEGO: Enter the Haunted House at your peril! The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion-room, music-room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?! Click image for larger view.)
- Add to your LEGO Monster Fighters Collection with the first official LEGO Haunted House!
- Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampyre, Vampyre’s Bride, Zombie-chef and butler
- Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded-up windows and working front gate.
- Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
- First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
- Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie-chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
- Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
- Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop-down staircase and access the top floor.
- Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO elements.
- Customize the LEGO Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
The LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep, contains 2,064 pieces and is recommended for ages 14+. The Haunted House is scheduled to be released in September (just in time for Halloween!) for US $179.99, CA $199.99, DE 149.99 €, UK 119.99 £, DK 1499 DKK.
The haunted house itself just looks amazing! LEGO really captured that spooky abandoned house look and feel! The crooked window-shutters, boarded-up windows, the peeling paint… with all that sand-green, dark tan, brown and dark-brown deliciousness is just irresistible! I’m not a fan of vampires and zombies so I don’t care for the minifigs, although I do like the cute ghosts. Okay, I know; they supposed to be scary.
The Inside of the Haunted House is really nice too, with lots of details, but also room to do some further decorating if you want to. The kitchen, the bedroom and the study are all full of excellent details.
The above video is an interview with the LEGO designer who worked on this project. Cool, huh? I especially like how the fireplace ties together the two sides! And here is one more shot to show all the spookiness!
So what do you think of the LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House? Are you planning to get it for Halloween? Or add it to your LEGO City? Share your thoughts in the comment section below! 😉
And if you are interested in the LEGO Monster Fighters theme, you can also check our reviews for currently available sets: