The first pictures of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 8 are now available, thanks to the French LEGO blog HothBricks (thanks, Nick, for the link!). All right, so let’s see what we got here!
First of all there is the package to identify the Collectible Minifigures Series 8 ; this time it is black, which means that the retail-box for a set of 60 minifigures is going to be black too (no picture of the full box yet). You can see a partial view of eight of the minifigs.
And now let’s check out the group-shot of all 16 minifigures in the series. (You can click on the picture for a larger view.)
Below is the list of the LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 8, starting with the front row, and going from left to right:
- Cowgirl - nice hair & hat combo!
- DJ - love the headphones!
- Vampire Bat - black version of the LEGO Monster Fighters bat.
- Deep-Sea Diver - great big helmet!
- Pirate Captain - usual hook-handed, peg-legged bad-guy.
- Female Skier – don’t we already have enough of these?
- Santa - cute new hat and bag!
- Hamlet – to be, or not to be? – this minifig is definitely a “to be”.
- Business-Man/Banker - okay, I guess… nothing special.
- American Football Player - same helmet as the hockey-player.
- Cheer-Leader – finally, someone to cheer the other guys!
- Alien Queen - yes, she has lipstick on!
- Conquistador – one of the nicest minifigs in this series!
- Evil Robot - evil version of the robot from Series 1.
- Bavarian Guy - love that pretzel!
- Fairy – sweet, and those wings are going to be very useful!
Here is another view of the LEGO Collectible Minifigs Series 8. (You can also enlarge this picture by clicking on it.)
Although the LEGO Minifigures Series 8 suppose to come out in September, a BrickLink member from Sweden was able to snatch up the whole series in a local store that put them up for sale early (probably by accident). Here is a picture of the whole collection:
In general I would say I like this minifigure series. It is not as dazzling as some of the previous series, however it does provide some nice minifigs that would be useful in quite a few settings.
I’m planning to get the DJ (my favorite!), the Bavarian, the Conquistador, Santa, the Fairy, the Cowgirl, Hamlet and three Cheer-Leaders. One thing I find disappointing is that on the first picture the Conquistador appears to have striped sleeves – which would have been a nice detail – however on the picture of the actual minifig, he has plain sleeves.
What do you think? How do you like Series 8 of the Collectible Minifigs? Which ones are your favorites? Share your thoughts below!
If you would like to take a look of the currently available Minifigures Series, you can check them out at the Online LEGO Shop:
Also, you may like to head over to the LEGO Minifigures section, or select from some of the related articles below: