(Written by Geneva – gid617)
Finally, I have found all the LEGO NINJAGO September cards! As you probably know, two booster-packs and three spinner set were just released, so that is 25 cards! I will go through each of them, so read on. (You can click on images for a larger view to see the cards better.) 🙂
➡ NINJAGO CHARACTER & BATTLE CARDS FOR BYTAR: from #9556 LEGO NINJAGO Bytar Booster-Pack – BUY HERE
- Bytar Character Card – 300 Fire, 100 Lightning, 500 Earth, 200 Ice – 1100 SP total. (SP, or “Spinjitzu Power” refers to the bars – color coded for their elements – on the cards.)
- Ground Attack – Lay down card. Opponent discards all crown-cards if opponent touches it, then remove, 500 Earth SP. Comes with Bytar. This would be an excellent card except that all my normal opponents have become experts at avoiding such things! 😡
- Chain Strike – Build the above (pieces included in booster pack) on spinner until a player wins, 300 Fire SP. Comes with Bytar.
- Crown of Earth – Build or remove a crown on any spinner, 400 Earth SP. Comes with Bytar.
- Earth Bound – Opponent can only play earth-cards until a player wins, 400 Earth SP, Golden. Comes with Bytar. Not a very good card for its SP – Card Freeze (opponent may not play any cards) is only 200 Ice!
➡ NINJAGO CHARACTER & BATTLE CARDS FOR LIZARU: from #9557 LEGO NINJAGO Lizaru Booster-Pack – BUY HERE
- Lizaru Character Card – 100 Fire, 500 Lightning, 200 Earth, 300 Ice – 1100 SP total.
- Fair Fight – Both players discard all face-up crown cards. No other cards may be played during spin, 300 SP of each element. Comes with Lizaru. An excellent card, especially if you don’t have any crown cards played!
- Poison Whips – Build the above (pieces included in booster pack) on spinner until a player wins, 100 Fire SP. Comes with Lizaru. Remarkably low SP compared to other of the same type of cards! And it looks like those green horns would really be effective!
- Spit Acid – Choose two cards at random from opponent’s hand. Opponent discards one of them, 400 Lightning SP. Comes with Lizaru.
- Boost – Add SP 200 to all of your powers until a player wins. Immediately play another card, 300 Fire SP. Comes with Lizaru.
➡ NINJAGO CHARACTER & BATTLE CARDS FOR SLITHRAA: from #9573 LEGO NINJAGO Slithraa Spinner Set – BUY HERE
- Slithraa Character Card – 200 Fire, 100 Lightning, 300 Earth, 500 Ice – 1100 total.
- Gates of Ice – Set up the above (one card balanced on top of two vertical cards – how would you do that?). Each player spins three times. If you go through gate more times, reclaim weapon, 300 Ice SP. Comes with Slithraa. Again, I don’t see how you could even balance cards like that. And if you could, it would be almost impossible to go through! 😯
- Spirit Guard – Keep face-up. Discard if crown is removed. Build one of the above (three different brick combinations) on spinner at the beginning of every spin, then remove, 400 Ice SP. Comes with Slithraa.
- Wrong Turn – Discard one card at random from opponent’s hand, 100 Fire SP. Comes with Slithraa. I wonder how this would work if you had the crown-card that says, “Opponent must keep their cards face-up” in play? Would you still have to make it random?
- Even the Odds – Both players remove crown, 300 Earth SP, Golden. Comes with Slithraa. Too high SP. After all, who wants to lose their crown? But it could come in handy, I suppose. Especially if you could play it after you had already lost your crown…
➡ NINJAGO CHARACTER & BATTLE CARDS FOR NRG ZANE: from #9590 LEGO NINJAGO NRG Zane Spinner Set – BUY HERE
- NRG Zane Character Card – 0 Fire, 0 Lightning, 400 Earth, 500 Ice – 900 total. It’s really a pity the NRG have such bad character cards!
- Crumble to Dust – Opponent discards a face-up crown card, 300 Earth SP. Comes with NRG Zane (thanks ZX DX Kendo Ninja for all of Zane’s cards). Especially considering some of the great crown cards that are around now, this could very likely come in handy!
- Spin-o-Rama – Set up the above (turn your spinner over and remove your character’s weapon). Each player spins once sideways, without weapons. If your character flies farther, reclaim one lost weapon, 200 Ice SP. Comes with NRG Zane. This one sounds fun, if nothing else. I’m not that good at spinning side ways though… who is? 🙄
- Diamond Coated – Keep face-up. Discard if crown is removed. Discard a crown-card to avoid losing after any spin, 500 Ice SP. Comes with NRG Zane. Great card, especially if you have some not-so-good crown-cards!
- Snowblind – Reduce opponent’s ice power by 100 until a player wins, 200 Ice SP, Golden. Comes with NRG Zane.
➡ NINJAGO CHARACTER & BATTLE CARDS FOR LLOYD ZX: from #9574 LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd ZX Spinner Set – BUY HERE
- Lloyd ZX Character Card – 300 Fire, 300 Lightning, 300 Earth, 300 Ice – 1200 total.
- Roundhouse Kick – Set up the above (two cards next to each other). Each player spins twice. If you knock more cards down, reclaim lost weapon, 200 Earth SP. Comes with Lloyd ZX.
- Unique Power – Keep face-up. iscard if crown is removed. Add SP 100 to all four of your powers, 300 SP of each element. Comes with Lloyd ZX.
- Premonition – Keep face-up. Discard if crown is removed. Opponent reveals all cards every time you win, 300 SP of every element. Comes with Lloyd ZX.
- Opposition – If you have three face-up crown -ards, opponent loses all weapons – 400 SP of each element, Golden. Not only is this card basically an easy road to winning, it is the card with the most SP, ever. Even including character-cards, this one wins – besides being golden. Unless you had Boost though, it would be difficult to play it if you weren’t Lloyd (or some other 1200 SP character)!
For more details on each of the the new NINJAGO spinner sets you can check out the Online LEGO Shop, or check at your local retailers.
So how do you like the new Spinjitzu cards? Have you got some already? Which one is your favorite? Or are you not so interested in these? Feel free to share your comments and questions below! 😉
For more NINJAGO news and discussions, head over to the LEGO Ninjago section, or check out some of these related posts: