The #10237 LEGO Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc set is finally unveiled! Just got the press-release of this long-awaited and long-rumored set, so let’s dive right into the details of this Ultimate Collector Series set! 🙂
First of all, just a little bit about the Tower of Orthanc itself. If you remember from the Lord of the Rings books or movies you know that the tower is also called the Tower of Isengard that stood in the center of the Ring of Isengard. It was constructed out of a single piece of black stone called Orthanc (hence the name) by an unknown process. No weaponry or magic could harm it, except the tools by which it was shaped, which of course were forgotten. Isengard is surrounded by the land of the Ents, the tree-like shepherds of the forest, with Treebeard being the oldest amongst them. At some point in the history of Middle Earth Isengard and the Tower of Orthanc was given the Saruman, who used it as a base to search for the One Ring. We all know how that worked out…
As far the LEGO version of the Tower of Orthanc goes, here is the official press-release that will tell you all the details (also, please note that you can click on any of the pictures for a larger view):
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s Deep!
- Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28″ (73cm) high, 8″ (21cm) wide and 6″ (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9″ (23cm) tall
- Ages 14+. 2,359 pieces.
- US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK
As it is mentioned above there are five minifigs included. Please note that all of them have double-sided heads besides the Orc. Another wonderful addition to the LEGO Tower of Orthanc is the eagle, the second one in the 2013 series of LEGO Lord of the Rings sets (the other being in the #79007 LEGO Lord of the Rings Battle at the Black Gate set).
And of course the character we have been all waiting for with curiosity is the Ent. Although he is not mentioned specifically as Treebeard, I assume he is. There was also a rumored smaller Ent set earlier this year – I’m not sure if that’s still coming, but it would be nice to be able to set up a whole army of Ents to march on Isengard. 😀
The Ent is awesome, isn’t it? Love the little mushroom at his feet! And below are some more pictures of the interior details of the LEGO Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc set.
The #10237 LEGO Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc set is going to be available directly from LEGO beginning July 2013. In the meantime you can check out the currently available LEGO Lord of the Rings and LEGO The Hobbit sets at the Online LEGO Shop.
So what do you think? How do you like the LEGO Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc Ultimate Collector Series set? And what about the minifigures and Treebeard? Feel free to share and discuss in the comment section below! 😉
You can also check out the LEGO Lord of the Rings section for more news, reviews and discussions, or select from the following related posts:
- 2013 LEGO Lord of the Rings Pictures
- 2013 LEGO Sets: LEGO Lord of the Rings (Toy Fair pictures)
- 2013 LEGO Sets & Minifigures Videos
- LEGO Lord of the Rings Helm’s Deep Review
- LEGO Lord of the Rings Full Game Movie
- LEGO The Hobbit Sets Now Available!
- LEGO The Hobbit Goblin King Battle Review